AuthorTopic: C&C Platformer Walk  (Read 2714 times)

Offline ColonelMustache

• View Profile

C&C Platformer Walk

on: March 11, 2011, 07:19:22 pm
Hi
           This is a character for a "Flashback" like platformer that I've been working on.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks

Offline yrizoud

• View Profile

Re: C&C Platformer Walk

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:33:22 pm
This is a very dynamic walk, at first I though it was a run where the character wasn't bending forward enough.
Too short legs / too long body will make him look awkward for many animations.

Offline adamisgr8

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:09:15 pm
Maybe try slowing down the frame times. It will look less like a run and more like a walk. Try making the hair jiggle a bit as well =D
Looks good though. Nice movement of the legs.
+1

Offline ColonelMustache

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:19:10 pm
Thanks for the comments. I added 2 pixels to the legs and slowed it down a bit. I still think the proportion is off on something. He will have to fight and climb so I want to solve these basic issues now. It is maybe a little too spastic for a regular walk. Please could someone correct all the proportions on the still side view? I've tried a few times but it hasn't turned out. Once hes the right size I think I'll take another crack at his walking animation.

Offline Grinner

• <3
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:15:24 am
I think that right before he plants his foot on the ground in front of him, his leg isn't extended forward enough, it looks as though he could trip if he's not careful :S That's the only problem I currently see with the legs.

Also, his arms look a bit too puny, and his chest to beefy; when I look at him, I think lumberjack, so I'd assume his arms would be a bit chunkier. The fact that he looks like a lumberjack to me kind of makes the chunky chest acceptable I geuss, but in his standing pose, his lower chest is sucked in; I don't get it?

Will you be adding more detail, shading, texture, etc? Right now it looks kind of plain, and the upper half of his body lacks shading.

Apart from these issues, it's looking very fluid/dynamic.