AuthorTopic: JEIKI  (Read 4185 times)

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

JEIKI

on: April 24, 2006, 08:17:22 pm
am back from sleep, after about 1 year, im back to pixeling...

here's some + more to come. Crits+Comments are more than welcome!

極度のレーザーの多色刷りの飛行の浮かぶバナナに対す る非常に熱く熱いロボッ

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: JEIKI

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 10:27:51 pm
Contrast. Hue shift. The usual.
Oh, and by the way, I love your avatar. :D

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 10:25:33 am
 What I am seeing is too much big shading areas. Looks like he focused more on those 2 things you've mentioned TCAG. You should use smaller shading areas.

Offline Big nothing

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:34:29 am
Jeiki's works, nice everyday! I think this is made for komix style, i don't like it but this is awesome! ::)
Big nothing... The big strong pixelartist!

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 12:53:35 pm
Andy: aryt thanks for the comments, dunno if i have time to improve them though...

CAG: Im asian  :) hahaha

Jeiki's works, nice everyday! I think this is made for komix style, i don't like it but this is awesome! ::)

u dont like it but its awesome? dont understand. and whats komix? hahaha
 P.S. i got the second guy from ur sig. :P
極度のレーザーの多色刷りの飛行の浮かぶバナナに対す る非常に熱く熱いロボッ

Offline Big nothing

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 01:14:35 pm
Yeah, it's he!  :D
Big nothing... The big strong pixelartist!

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 08:14:06 pm
Hi jeiki

I'm not of fan of the selout to black, if you're going to do that at least add intermediary shades between the black and the darkest color you have now.  Not to mention the way you've done it now seems rather random.  But my preference would be if you just went with black outlines or not. 

The lineart in both could use some cleaning up, there are a lot of jaggies.  Is that yellow guy carrying a shield? It looks like a yellow fleshy blob.  Either make it a different color or make it more metallic by introducing higher contrast and hue shifts.  Looking around for metal references would help there. 

The feet on both could use a lot of work.  Right now they're undefined blobs of flesh.  Also, both of the feet art pointing in the same direction, but their poses would suggest otherwise. The yellow guys feet are different sizes, too.

In fact, the line art on both could use a lot of work.  They're both rather weak and it doesn't seem like you spent a lot of time on them before you rushed into coloring.  The yellow guy has a weird indent thing going on with his jaw, and I'm not sure what that mohawk is supposed to be. 

I don't like the amount of internal black lines, either.  Like with the guy on the right:  most of his colors are different enough that they don't need black lines to indicate seperation. 

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 09:29:16 pm
welcome back, hope to see more.  dariens comments sum it up for now.  remember to shade not only individual elements of a figure, but also shade the form as a whole eg. Arm might cast a shadow onto the leg.   This creates the illusion of tangible form  :)