AuthorTopic: My Campaign: The Stairway to Success!  (Read 10416 times)

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Re: My Campaign: The Stairway to Success!

Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 02:23:19 am
Sure have!

Recently I was babysitting for my young cousins, and they like to play this fun little game. You fold a piece of paper into thirds (since there are 3 of them) and you start off drawing the head. After you draw the head, you draw the neck, but you leave enough of it showing so that the next person can see it (but the head is folded over, so they can't see)

Once everyone is done, they pass it on, and the next person draws the body, and leaves space for the waist/legs. Then you pass it once again and finish off with the legs.

So I was thinking we create some sort of a template where the head and body and legs should meet up, have people choose if they want to do legs, body, or head, and go nuts!

That's just one of them, I don't have much time for a longer reply. I thought that would be fun for a multiple person one.

A more simple, one-person activity would be to have a smaller canvas with a scribble on it, and you would have to somehow incorporate it into your drawing.

I'd also like to reincorporate the learning activity things, like the dithering and AA lessons. It's great that lief spearheaded that initiative, but it'd also be great to have a more structured, official one (no offense to ya lief)

So that's just my idea for the challenges/activites. I've got more, but once again, not a whole lot of time.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 03:16:07 am
absolutely none taken

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 06:20:30 pm
Another idea I had (or one that I thought would be good to re-implement) was started by a member at pixelation. They started with one drawing, a 50x50 piece (or something like that) and it was a boot or something like that. Then, the person after that had to do a piece (same canvas size) of something that would defeat the previous thing. It kept going on and on, and it was fun because there were endless possibilities.

There was a problem of very quick works being submitted in order to avoid having their place taken, so I think there would need to be a place holder system where a person would post saying they have an idea but they need a bit of time, and they can edit their post when the piece is finished.

That's one idea that seems fun.

P.S: Lief, you're a good teacher, maybe if there ever are any official lessons, you could be the teacher, or at least part of the lesson-making.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 06:42:49 am
What are your thoughts on the issue of pixel thread domination by collabs and similiar work?  Often these are by well known, experienced artists who are doing this for their own enjoyment and not necessarily for C&C.  The regularity of the updates for these types of work ensures new artists who need the C&C are quickly pushed down the page.  The issue is compounded by the fact that these types of activities often grow in popularity at an exponential rate, causing massive growth with no support system.

Positive not negative please.

Your thoughts, sir?

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 03:43:59 pm
Perhaps since these collabs aren't really seeking C&C, and they tend to push things down the page, maybe they could be posted in the General section. They would still get the recognition and comments of a piece posted in the pixel section, but it wouldn't push other works down the page.

Maybe when the work is finished, however, the final version could be posted in the pixel section to showcase the work, or maybe a progress animation.