AuthorTopic: ghost of the lost drummer boy...  (Read 4293 times)

Offline neverest

• View Profile

ghost of the lost drummer boy...

on: April 12, 2006, 03:57:47 pm

After looking through the king of spriters thread, I felt I should give something a go myself, as so far I've always avoided doing anything too human/humanoid in pixels.
I don't know anything about fighter sprites, but I was hoping my ignorance might work to my advantage and not slot me into a predefined style.

it could still do with a bit of work so c&c welcome as always.

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Re: ghost of the lost drummer boy...

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 05:23:48 pm
Ooo neat, Nev (^^)b Though I have to say I thought he was holding ribbons or spewing black ooze from his hands ^^; I'm not entirely sure what that is actually, but the guy is very cool. Nice colours too. For a drummer boy, maybe he should have giant drumsticks as weapons :D

Offline Esker

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 07:04:54 pm
I like this a lot but personally, I think he's a little too tall for a drummer boy. It might be the length of his jacket that's making him look a lot taller than he actually is as his jacket is pretty short, plus I always imagine a drummer boy to be aged between 7 and 14.

Here's a pic I found before, to show you what I mean.

Everything else looks spot on though, maybe increase the length of the jacket if nothing else. nice work, his face looks youthful, nice job on that.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:11:12 pm by Esker »

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 07:34:12 pm
That purply/black stuff reminds me of venom XD! The sprite itself is really neat, I like the pallete and the pose alot. He only has some anatomy issues. > side of his face looks swollen, try to reduce the bulge there by a pixel or so. Again it might be a style thing, but his arms/torso seem really long compared to his head and legs...

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 07:34:48 pm
i think it would be kinda cool if he was like a wisp, and exploaded peoples heads when he started bashing on his drum with his drum sticks
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline kerisu

• What is the wrong with me?
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Too sexy for his drum

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 12:24:50 am
I think he's hot.  ;D But, yeah, his legs are a little short...

Offline neverest

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 10:05:04 pm
I completely forgot I made this topic! so sorry for the slow replies, but thanks.
I guess I intended him to be about 16 - 18.
Now you guys mention It yeah, his legs are too short, I'm not sure what I've done 'cos I measured out the initial drawing. At least the top half seems to be proportioned so a leg-lengthening shouldnt be too much of a problem!
The black stuff...err...yeah... hehe well I was joking with someone that it was vengeance..materialised! hehe. other than that I dont know. I just felt like doing some black swirlyness, I don't have a better explanation than that :p