AuthorTopic: [WIP] Icaros  (Read 3915 times)

Offline Demian

• View Profile

[WIP] Icaros

on: March 04, 2011, 01:16:32 am
Hi, i have been working on this for the last 3 days, a couple of hours each day after work. Critics and comments are welcome cause i think i'm stuck now...
No references for the guy, copied from a draft on paper. I have used this as reference for the wings:
http://turanchox.com/wp-content/uploads/skulls-wings-ornate-heraldic-shields-sets-0.jpg

Thanks ahead for your time!
^^

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Icaros

Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:58:51 am
I think the whole thing looks alittle noisy exept the band on his upper arm. About that, why only one? Another thing, his hair is very yellow, like lemon merang pie. The right (are right) wing looks shreded and possible a bit small. Lastly I think his skirt thing is a tad to high. I might do an edit tomorrow but tonight its getting late. Good luck!

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 01:28:20 am
alrighty  ;D
finished the edits

I did two just to show some different hair choices even though I belive you were going for blond. If you want blond hair always go abit more golden because hair is never naturaly yellow yellow. Also, I noticed your using what I think is pure white for your highlights and a color that is almost the same as your skin highlight for a second highlight (on the skin). I think you should take the second skin highlight out as you cant even see it. The white highlight looks fine in the wings but not in the hair. Besides that I made the right wing longer and the left slightly shorter. You should probly go or all long feathers or all short feathers with slightly longer feathers near the ends because it seemed odd otherwise though I loved the curving blade like feathers at the ends that you have. Last thing, I didnt do much with the body but lower the skirt but it does need to be changed up. Not really sure how but the legs seem bony or something and the torso kind of weird too.

edit:  I just noticed the dark spots on the wing in my edits
srry please ignore that part! :lol:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:31:32 am by Âme »

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 03:24:13 am
I agree with Arne's crits, but I think there are still some anatomy issues.

I think the torso and shoulders are too thin (I think Arne made them thinner, too).  Since this fellow has wings I'd imagine strong back muscles, and that pose would emphasize the lats as well.

He could use a neck.

That's at 12-13 pixel head so I understand no nose, but I don't understand the lighting on the bright cheek.

I think the center pleat of the skirt/kilt thing should be a bit longer since the left and right sides are held out by the legs at an angle (which would eat up height).  not much, maybe just a pixel or two.

Tourist

Offline Demian

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 12:22:27 pm
Wow so many good critics, thanks both and specially Âme for the edits.

I wanted to make it chibi style, 3 heads tall but for some reason i always have problems with that proportion and it ended up on 4. About the right wing (our right) it was supposed to be broken  :blind:

Working on next version, thanks again!

Edit: Current version, i have not worked on all the issues mentioned just hair and anatomy.

new:  old:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:38:27 am by Demian »
^^

Offline Demian

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 01:41:50 am
I did some edits on previous post but wasn't noticed... here is my latest version, no more pure yellow and broken wing, also, i hope anatomy looks better. But i think i'm loosing that chibby look i wanted  ???

^^