AuthorTopic: Walking Animation (female)  (Read 3399 times)

Offline mrToad

• View Profile

Walking Animation (female)

on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:38 pm
Trying to get this walk looking natural, relaxed, fluid. I know the arms at least need another frame, but I'm looking at the legs right now. I've done my best with the frames but does anything look off?

I plan on adding shading to the feet and arms as well but right now just looking at animation.

Also should the head have more movement?

Just want to mention this animation started with reference to a screenshot of a game. It is a personal challenge for me to take the single frame and animate it.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Offline Im King Louie

• View Profile

Re: Walking Animation (female)

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:39:41 pm
It's kinda hard to tell which leg is which right now, but you said you were gonna shade them later.  Just make the farthest leg darker.  Also, I would put another frame for the chest turning so it's not so jumpy.

Offline mrToad

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:21:35 am
Thanks for your reply :)
I have updated it. The darker leg for now just makes it distinct from the other. The chest now moves more smoothly.

Does she kick out too far? Swing her arms too far? Just want it to look natural. It's getting close I think.

Offline Greger

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:45:23 am
Thanks for your reply :)
I have updated it. The darker leg for now just makes it distinct from the other. The chest now moves more smoothly.

Does she kick out too far? Swing her arms too far? Just want it to look natural. It's getting close I think.

I don't think she's kicking too far. Now you have to work on that cloth moving with the legs. Remember to make it 'push' out when her right leg is moving, and that it falls back when her left one is moving.

Offline Tenshi

• Seraphic Radiance
    • View Profile
    • Tenshi Animetion

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 04:59:08 am
I can't help but get the impression that the seam of her skirt should move a bit more based on how much the leg appears to move. Other than that, the shading on the foot really helps to point out what's going on and looks quite nice. :)
Jaeda / Jade

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 01:02:03 am
The sprite is from the game Endless Online(not sure if you knew or not ). And unless I read wrong your trying to animate it without a ref? Even the pros use refs. If you wanna look off of the original walking animation from the game I can hook you up no problem.
Row Row Fight The Powah!