AuthorTopic: D for dinosaur  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

D for dinosaur

on: February 26, 2011, 06:57:23 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Made for the PJ challenge this week. Any general CC please not too happy with the tail not sure how to go about that. Also his back seems a bit plain. Any help appreciated :]
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: D for dinosaur

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 07:54:37 pm
Isn't it supposed to depict the letter "d" or "D"? I see neither.

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 08:21:55 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us So do you think it's too hard to tell?
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline StaticSails

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:21:44 pm
Isn't it supposed to depict the letter "d" or "D"? I see neither.
I thought it was fairly obvious.

You've got a few different shades of green and you need to use them smarter. Create some smoother transitions with that blueish green. It might not hurt to push those greens into a more yellow direction.
Mine < - > Yours
I played inside of your lines, with your colors just to show you where you can drop a few black pixels and smooth out a few things.

USE REFERENCES!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:24:23 pm by StaticSails »

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 03:02:34 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Really like what you did with it, especially around the eye area  :y: Only thing that bugs me still is the tail. Still trying to fix it but this is the best i have gotten so far.  Wondering if you guys think the tail looks a bit odd or if its just me?
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline Grinner

• <3
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 09:09:24 am
The shading around the head looks odd, and the shading on the head doesn't suit the rest of the body. The head seems flat, and pasted onto the rest of the body, and the unrealistic shadows behind it only reinforce my assumption.
I also think the head should be looking the other direction, because it just doesn't seem a part of the body; see how its body is facing down to the left? It looks as though you were originally having the head point that way, but then realised it would take away from the definition of the "d" so changed it. I suggest making the body curve more in the direction of the head, by turning his claws in that direction, changing the stance of its left foot (our left) and showing some kind of definiton caused by shoulder bones.

As for the tail, I think I see what you see wrong with it; it's too pointy? You should just try to make it rounder, and less like a needle.