AuthorTopic: Character dolls (wip)  (Read 9703 times)

Offline Gamer36

• Just a noob.
    • View Profile
    • Gamer36 Wordpress

Re: Character dolls (wip)

Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 07:25:39 am
Their arms should be longer.  People's arms are usually long enough for them to touch their own crotch without bending over.  Their arms seem to be growing out of their necks, though.  I think you should give them broader shoulders.
Definitly and, the hips, they look like they are mutants, I mean yes girls have bigger wastes than girls but those are HUGE.

imgur.com is the easiest, imo.
I totally agree.
Pixel Art, what (mostly) all of us are here for.

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 11:53:33 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
the left side is changed and the right side is the same.I made the arm longer and flatened the hip abit although personaly i like them how they were. About the arms coming out of the neck I didnt change that yet because of the angle its sopposed to be coming from.

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 08:29:37 pm

changed the arm again but Im not sure if I like it. Im thinking they looked better when they were away from the body more. She looks to much like a soilder

Offline Im King Louie

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 03:14:55 am
If you were going for an isometric perspective, I suggest making her torso shorter by eliminating the section between her hips and boobs.  Maybe make her legs shorter, too if they look too long after you make the torso shorter.

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 06:36:17 pm
No Im going for a top down perspective (I think thats what its called) like this

I want to be able to see the stomache and I want it to be tall but do you think I should shorten the legs and torso a pixel or two anyway so the arms dont have to be quite so long? It seem the longer they get the more noodley the look.

Offline michelcote

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 07:34:23 pm
Looking pretty good so far. With the top-down perspective you want to make the character look like they are looking forward rather than up at the camera. Bring the eyes down by 1 or 2 pixels. The light source seems to be from above, so add a bit of depth to the character by darkening under the breasts and the legs under the knees. Keep the feet highlighted too. The breasts seem a tad too bright, maybe refining the highlights here would help.
With your latest update the girl looks just a bit butch with her arms out like that, and like you mentioned they're becoming a bit noodly  ::) Again, we want to think about depth here and adhere to human anatomy. Highlight the shoulders, darken the arms under that, and highlight the forearms. Paint these out individually with base colours first then add detail.
Overall I think you're on the right track, with some issues. Browse around and see if you can find some references to get an idea of how others have tackled this perspective  :)  Good luck!

Offline Im King Louie

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:43 pm
I don't see how relaxing one's arms to the sides makes them seem like a butch or a "soilder".  If you wanted an exaggerated feminine stance you could bring the elbows in as much as possible and the hands out a bit.

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 11:36:58 pm
Thanks for all the advice!! Heres an update!  ;D

lowered the sholders a pixel and changed the eyes. I didnt lower them ( looked like the face was falling off  :lol:) but I did change around the colors in them. Hopefully that helps. Thx

Edit: Louie when the arms were like they were they look very stiff and unrelaxed (like a soilder). Also girls dont stick there arms out like betty boop. I think the arms would look broken!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:46:11 pm by Âme »

Offline Im King Louie

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 03:39:46 am

I moved the eyes down and made them shorter by one pixel.  I also moved the arms to show you what I meant and changed the shading a bit.

While I was doing all that, I was thinking that you should pick different colors for the highlights.  Make them more like bright yellow or khaki.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also pulled her crotch up a pixel.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:42:11 am by Im King Louie »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 01:31:41 am
Don't look like top-down. Just looks like frontal perspective. Need more downward angle.