AuthorTopic: Creating tilesets for beat em up.  (Read 19219 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Creating tilesets for beat em up.

Reply #30 on: February 20, 2011, 09:14:15 pm
A widepixel technically is a singlepixel as far as storage is concerned.
You get 160 WIDEpixels, but your sheets is 80 widepixels wide. Not 160. Which is I think where the confusion came from.
Or if your sheet is the max then you only get 80 widepixels. I would not know, but I am sure this is what yrizoud was talking about.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Stickman

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: February 20, 2011, 09:27:15 pm
A widepixel technically is a singlepixel as far as storage is concerned.
You get 160 WIDEpixels, but your sheets is 80 widepixels wide. Not 160. Which is I think where the confusion came from.
Or if your sheet is the max then you only get 80 widepixels. I would not know, but I am sure this is what yrizoud was talking about.

Okay. I'll do some double checking as that would mean yrizoud was right about me having double the amount of space available. This would be pretty fantastic news!

Edit: Regarding tile tools, I imported this into Mappy and it's looking as is it should be.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:13:06 pm by Stickman »

Offline Stickman

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 10:43:30 pm

Haven't been able to work on this as much due to family difficulties as well as working. Started again today as it's one way to keep my mind occupied and also need to get back to my physical activities.

Here's the story so far - 4 more screens to do for a full complete level. Due to my misunderstanding of the sheet/kb sizes, I have more area to play with than I had expected which has been good news for me.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 12:03:19 pm
FUCKING HELL, stop quoting shit that is RIGHT ABOVE YOUR POST (this goes to everyone)

...I know the feeling.
Anyway dude I think it looks really great what you have been doing keep it up! :-)

In case you need some other ideas...sewer manhole/lid (animated steam?), puddles, drains, street lights etc.
And its always fun to have stuff to smash up like parked cars (can jump on top) and or parking meters, telephone booths, newspaper stands etc.
Hot dog stand would be cool to smash with hot dogs that give your health back lol.
An electrical store could be fun to have in the background with a big glass windows full of animated tv's...lots of stuff to break hehe.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:09:44 pm by ptoing »