AuthorTopic: YES  (Read 4698 times)

yosh64

YES

on: April 19, 2006, 10:25:55 pm
hey

NOTE: Latest at bottom!

Well I am trying to pixel something decent for a new website. I am really not happy with this atm, and don't know if I will continue with it just yet, but I've lost to much interest to try figure it. I'm really not so good at pixelling such things. I just thought the console was a cool concept for my new website, and have it all designed out on paper, so thought maybe someone here can help and improve and revive things?

I was thinking that maybe I am not capturing all/enough characteristics of a console? or have them wrong? and don't realise? I dunno, anyhows I just don't like it. :-\

BTW, it's meant to be like a modern one of them really OLD consoles, umm... I think they call em like PC-50x consoles (well I actually got references to a few different model SNES consoles, but you wouldn't know), with those switches for different games/modes, well will be for different sections of my website... AND there are likes heaps and heaps of different models, see http://darkwatcher.psxfanatics.com/console/pc50xfam.htm... I was gonna have like a cartridge for each section, and the cartridges are NOT bound to a sqaure. :D to makes things interesting, hehe.

ALSO, I have hardly started the bottom, thats for a seperate footer, but nevermind that for now.

Hah, I just came across this website http://www.pong-story.com, which may interest someone. :)

Almost forgot to mention, that these images will be displayed 3X or 4X zoom on my website, not that it matters?

cyas
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:11:51 am by yosh64 »

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: YES

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:25:11 am
I was going to say its way too small, but you've said its displayed at a zoom, so I guess thats ok. Umm, I don't really know what to say besides that.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 04:12:37 am
Is the back supposed to be curved like that?
With that perspective, I don't think that much of the cartridge slot would be visible.
Maybe a bit of AA might help? That green is a bit too...green in comparison to the rest of the image, and the red is also too saturated...
Uh, that's all I got.
Cool idea.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:20:24 am
move the switch positions up, so the base is in the center of the panel with the switch head overlapping the top line.  This will look 'correcter' with the added bonus of extra depth created by the overlap.  Your plug needs to match the perspective of the console.  The text will also be a lot clearer without the top half highlight.  Looks interesting so far, keep at it.

yosh64

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 06:58:01 am
hey

Yep, hosted at http://www.imageshack.us again...

Well I've actually been making my new website the past few days... I still have to pixel the carts for each section and such, AND also gonna pixel a Joystick and maybe a Remote or something more on the table.

Anyhows thanks for ya advise so far, I am still open and looking to improve on this. BTW, you can check my actual new website at http://yosh64.tk OR directly http://yosh64.funpic.org :). That remind me, I was gonna add my own counter :-\.

cyas
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:47:21 am by yosh64 »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 12:59:31 am
Anyhows thanks for ya advise so far, I am still open and looking to improve on this.
Well, no offense, but you still didn't take the advice that was given.

yosh64

Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 07:14:18 pm
hey

sorry I did/do not realise... do you mean to say it's still to green? and the red is still to saturated?

I was just thinking, and I'm pretty sure you mostly mean about the perspective of the switch... I dunno, I thought I'd have them sideways so it has more depth for the button... but maybe this is worse? and I moved the switch up one pixel, to what I thought was center? but now I think lief meant the center between the very top of the console, and the bottom?

anyhows next time I go to complete this, and add the cartridges and something more to the table, I might change if my assumptions were incorrect? :-\

cya
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 07:34:41 pm by yosh64 »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 09:32:36 pm
Whoops. Sorry, I really mustn't have looked hard enough. You fixed some stuff. Sorry.  :-[

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 09:50:21 pm
The perspective on the controller is weird. It doesn't look as bad on your site with the zoom, but you should still fix it. Heres a suggestion:

Another thing, the controller's cable looks too tightly close to the screen, almost like it's glued to it. I'd loosen it up a bit, make it "hang" more loosely. The switches on the top should switch up and down, not diagonally. And you spelled "Viewed" wrong :).
I'm fine with everything else, nice looking site.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 02:36:33 am
I was going to comment on the controller, but Turbo did a great job of providing an example.

You should probably fix the bunny ears by making them a few pixels thick, and perhaps just have them pop out from behind the screen and the system. Furthermore, I think you might need to render this design at 2x or 3x size. I think the concept is great, though, and I hope you keep working on it. It's very promising.