AuthorTopic: grafx2. adjusting palette changes the color of the user interface.  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Cybernetic

• View Profile
im trying to create a 4 color palette, so i go to palette, reduce, and set the reduce color to 4 colors. (because i read when your just starting off you should use a very limited palette) what i want to do is set the palette to 4 colors, and only show those 4 colors instead of the default 256 colors. but when i set the reduce to 4 and change the color, it changes the colors of the user interface too. (it also changes the color of the interface when set at default 256 color. why does it do this :huh: thanx  :) cybernetic
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:43:45 pm by Cybernetic »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website
Because it works in 256 colour mode, the whole interface. Grafx2 was originally a DOS program.
What you should do is leave the original 4 colours for the interface at the end of the palette or something, at least while working and just not use those colours.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline yrizoud

• View Profile
Sorry about that, it's a limit of using a 256-color window - all menus and cursors have to be drawn with the colors from your picture :-[

If the menus don't have nice colors with your current palette (after a reduce for example), you can press "Backspace" in the palette screen, it will automatically choose 4 unused slots at the end of palette, and set them to default GUI colors.

There's no option in Grafx2 to choose less than 256 colors, but you can at least customize the small palette at the right of the menu so it shows less colors at a time, the boxes will be bigger for easier selection  : Right-click the Palette icon, and then you can choose for example 4 columns and 4 lines to display 16 colors at a time.