AuthorTopic: [WIP] Tree *Heavy C+C Please  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Mr_L

• View Profile

[WIP] Tree *Heavy C+C Please

on: February 03, 2011, 02:26:30 pm

I'd really like to finish this but I have no Idea how to shade the leaves to give it a nice texture.

*You may edit.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:58:20 pm by Mr_L »

Offline billie

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Tree *Heavy C+C Please

Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 06:20:15 am
Before you go much farther on that, I think it would benefit you a bunch to look really closely at pics of trees as you're spriting. Try blocking in colors and making an appealing shape, thinking of how the branches will move and grow and how the leaves will cluster. Even cartoony trees tend to begin that way, the exaggeration coming after the basic foundation is laid down - perfectly spherical is usually fairly unappealing to look at, even moreso with a fancy leaf texture overlaid on top imo.

edit: here is a prety good example of what I'm talking about, sorry if I'm just babbling ;)

Offline Mr_L

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Tree *Heavy C+C Please

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 06:04:17 pm
Before you go much farther on that, I think it would benefit you a bunch to look really closely at pics of trees as you're spriting. Try blocking in colors and making an appealing shape, thinking of how the branches will move and grow and how the leaves will cluster. Even cartoony trees tend to begin that way, the exaggeration coming after the basic foundation is laid down - perfectly spherical is usually fairly unappealing to look at, even moreso with a fancy leaf texture overlaid on top imo.

edit: here is a prety good example of what I'm talking about, sorry if I'm just babbling ;)
Actually thanks,The leave thing I have there isn't the actual thing,I just put that there to give an idea of where it went,and this is supposed to be more cartoony than anything so about the bottom of the tree I might not go that far into detail for it but thanks,I'm really just looking for help in making leaf texture because it's something I can't grasp.