AuthorTopic: what is your favorite pixel art program for any operating system.  (Read 12628 times)

Offline Xamllew

• View Profile
MS Paint as it is real simple and straightforward.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website
MSPaint is not very good, especially if you are gonna try to do anything bigger and need proper palette management.
There are free options which are TONS better such as Grafx2 or Graphics Gale.

Seriously, do yourself a favour and stop using MSPaint, it is a sore excuse of a program. Learning a program that is geared towards pixelart, such as those I mentioned, or commercial stuff like Promotion, will help your workflow in the long run and you will be able to do better looking stuff in the same or less time than working in MSPaint.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Dessa

• View Profile
I'm took everyone's advice a couple weeks back and started using Cosmigo Promotion.  Haven't looked back, even if it is a bear to learn.

Offline alexhristov

• View Profile
Graphics Gale works best for me.
Click here, click there, clicking everywhere.

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal
Graphicsgale is one of the best out there, I have it, however I only use charamaker1999. Charamaker1999 is the only program so far out there that when you right click, it extracts the color from the image you are hovering at, which eliminates soo much time from bouncing grabbing the eraser / color palette tool... also, has an animation function integrated.

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile
Graphicsgale is one of the best out there, I have it, however I only use charamaker1999. Charamaker1999 is the only program so far out there that when you right click, it extracts the color from the image you are hovering at, which eliminates soo much time from bouncing grabbing the eraser / color palette tool... also, has an animation function integrated.
But Graphics Gale does the exact same thing.  :huh:

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal
But Graphics Gale does the exact same thing.  :huh:

What? wow... you're right. I still use Cm1999 though, cause it stills cut some amount of time from your hands since everything is right there, easy and simple to use. I'm going to make a tutorial this year hopefully, about how to use that program, I really want people to try it...

Offline Sergiotron

• View Profile
I use Photoshop with "Painter's Wheel" plug-in (a must have)
You can download it for free here: http://www.lenwhite.com/
It even has a great bar called "SwatchBar" that helps you to make color blends.

PD: I'm curious about Cm1999. Where can I download it?

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile
Eh, with the new HUD Color Picker, who needs that extra workspace clogger? I use the HUD picker constantly.

Offline Sergiotron

• View Profile
Eh, with the new HUD Color Picker, who needs that extra workspace clogger? I use the HUD picker constantly.

I like to see it open all the time :)