AuthorTopic: Mermaid in the tub  (Read 8146 times)

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Re: Mermaid in the tub

Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 05:28:39 pm
Hence I read Cure's tutorial on what pixel art really is.

Mind linking me to this?

tutorial found here. doesn't claim to be the end-all on what pixel art is, I certainly don't claim it's some solid entity with distinct boundaries, but it does have a section that demystifies the obscure medium for those unfamiliar with pixel art. There's a comments section if you disagree with the way the information is presented. I assume what he meant is that he used automated tools then read that they're usually not considered kosher.

piece is really lookin' nice. I might advise more AA on the curtain edges. she has kinda short bangs, especially for wet bangs, could just be the hairstyle but stands out to me. (her) left breast looks odd to me because of the definition at the top of it, should be a smooth surface from the chest to the nipple, imo. thumb looks maybe a pixel thick.
love the reflective surface of the tiles.

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 03:04:44 am
I really want to do an alt. version with long green anime hair. but any way for now i just updated the colors, the left breast and shower curtain.

Offline Gamer36

• Just a noob.
    • View Profile
    • Gamer36 Wordpress

Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 09:20:00 pm
He tail and head looks weird, her breasts are too white, and the tail loses it's red color COMPLETELY when underwater. It needs to be fixed. Also on the tail the highlights are the only part of the scales that you really see.
Pixel Art, what (mostly) all of us are here for.

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 10:06:58 pm
Her head and tail look weird? i don't know how to fix that...
Her breasts are wet so they reflect more light; that makes them look whiter. if anything i should work on the hand.. i forgot to fix the thumb.
I don't see the problem with the water taking away some of the reddishness in her tail either.
maybe I could add some more depth to the tail... but is it really necessary?

Offline mrToad

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 11:46:38 pm
Nice work, definitely took some time and effort and it shows.

If I had to be picky, maybe I'd wonder what is the dark line between her eyes? Is it hair or is it depth from her nose? It's the one that's straight up and down near to her left eye.  I'm just not sure.

Beautiful picture.