AuthorTopic: Wild Crossroads - Possible game/animation/sprite comic  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Savick

• View Profile

Re: Wild Crossroads - Possible game/animation/sprite comic

Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 12:33:31 am
Thanks for the ideas and comments everyone! I spent some more time on it and it looks like this now after you guys' input and my thoughts.
I'm not sure about the mini map and I think I'm missing a vital piece of  the RPG HUD idea, but it's good progress!

Offline KevinTrepanier

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 04:01:41 am
The harsh angles of the HUD doesn't serve the "Fantasy RPG" style. It makes it look futuristic. No use to put so much empty space under the HUD. It can be right on the side of the "screen". If you want to make it look more Zelda like, put the HUD at the top of the screen with vertical HP bar.

Offline Savick

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 04:48:00 am
The harsh angles of the HUD doesn't serve the "Fantasy RPG" style. It makes it look futuristic. No use to put so much empty space under the HUD. It can be right on the side of the "screen". If you want to make it look more Zelda like, put the HUD at the top of the screen with vertical HP bar.
Well, its a mix of fantasy and sci-fi but leans more towards sci-fi. I'll take the advice about the HUD, since I remember seeing a similar layout in other games. Hmmm how to describe the genre I'm shooting for here. Fallout with robotic unicorns? Yeah I'll go with that.