AuthorTopic: Too Poor To Survive art  (Read 4489 times)

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Too Poor To Survive art

on: February 01, 2011, 10:34:48 am
I don't make very many posts here, but I thought I'd do a small art dump from a game I made over the weekend.

I did some updates to it since then (mostly performance improvements, some other tweaks) and you can play it here

But yeah, heres a dump. I didn't have much time to work on all of these, but I was fairly satisfied with the end result.

I'm not too pleased with the animations, they're very cheap, and not really that great, but I feel they work good enough for the game, and I've got another bigger project I've got to get to now  :blind:

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: Too Poor To Survive art

Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 02:26:35 pm
I like your style nice work.
Game made me lol too :-)

Offline infinitegames

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:38:00 pm
I played the game and it was really fun, but the controls were awful and made me quit.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:40:19 am
Hmm, the gradient of light(though normally this reflects an atmosphere) is coming from space instead of Earth?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:43:13 am by Dusty »

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 02:12:47 am
Hmm, the gradient of light(though normally this reflects an atmosphere) is coming from space instead of Earth?

I would love to say "Its the sun!" or somehow explain that theres some light-giving-off body above the screen, but to be honest, this was just done because I thought it looked good, with no thought given to why.  :-[

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 02:34:49 am

I would love to say "Its the sun!" or somehow explain that theres some light-giving-off body above the screen, but to be honest, this was just done because I thought it looked good, with no thought given to why.  :-[
Hey that's cool :) that works too. I like it, the Earth looks like crumbled paper or something similar.