AuthorTopic: Adventure Male sprite  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Solluxx

• 1 pixel out of place :D
    • View Profile

Adventure Male sprite

on: January 26, 2011, 02:30:19 am
Hi guys
So I started going through some ideas i have been thinking about and came out with a 2D Adventure/life sim. i wanna have stats and everyday parts of life with some sort of a twist~mabye a phsycological dream kinda thing or gameplay based on teleportation through time etc, something weird and wonderful.
but first i need something down to earth so heres some of my first game sprites, the template and a character ;D..

These are both hand drawn in paint with some past experience and guess and check just soyou know

i want any feedback you have before i start animating and continuing to add characters, anything you think looks strange or awkward let me know and ill try and update tomarrow, thx guys

-Sam
In my opinion ;D

Offline Mush

• View Profile
    • MushSauce

Re: Adventure Male sprite

Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:07:10 am
Good start  :y:

A couple of suggestions:

The blue in the jeans can be used for the hair.
A sprite at this size only really needs 3 shades per color ramp (more shades tends to make the sprite blurry and flat).
And overall, the sprite needs a bit more contrast.

Offline Solluxx

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 01:59:41 am
thanks for the comment!
heres my update ;D

i really liked how you did the eyes, its simple but looks pretty good and is better than big white spots on his head :lol:.
I tried to take everything into account that you noticed without stealing much, larger contrast everywhere to really make him pop and i really like it so far so thank you.

im likin how he looks so im gonna start animating and post here, comment if you see any other problems.
In my opinion ;D

Offline Solluxx

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 02:42:05 am

alright well gif animating thingy isnt working so heres my tile sheet the second row is the walking animation, it looks ok but needs some work and im not sure whats wrong with it, the legs look alitte awkward

so anyway your help is appreciated thanks guys!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:45:25 am by Solluxx »
In my opinion ;D

Offline Mush

• View Profile
    • MushSauce

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 03:00:36 am
Here you go:

Looks a lot better  :y:

Animation looks good too. Maybe add some hair bounce? (Hair bends down when he rises, and up when he descends).

Offline Solluxx

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 03:15:32 am
thanks bunches for the gif :P
and yea thats a great idea ill add some hair bounce tomarro and probably do another character direction
thx agian-
In my opinion ;D

Offline Solluxx

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:49:45 pm
GAH help me! i cant get the side was sprite right it looks atroshiuos(wow major misspell) your thoughts or edits would be very much appreciated ty.

note i added hair bouce and it looks pretty good too lazy to post - thx loads to Mush
In my opinion ;D