AuthorTopic: Cosmigo Pro Motion tips?  (Read 28394 times)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Cosmigo Pro Motion tips?

Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 03:19:54 am
I guess Deluxe Paint was set up this way huh? I hear PM closely mimics DP's behaviors. Still figuring it out.

I got some questions here . . .

• (1) Is there a way to create a new layer and it not be a copy of an existing layer? Do you just have to clear it every time?
  • (2) Organizing Tilemaps. I can't group similar tiles together in my tilemap. When I drag one around, the rest all jump around like crazy. Why can't the one you drug and replaced just switch places??? I've seen screenshots where ppl have logically grouped similar tiles together somehow.
  • (3) With AA turned on, does PM use only the colors in the palette to make AA?
  • (4) Is it possible to have a multi-layered animation without referencing other projects to display in your file?
  • (5) Is there a way to have an animated Tile Map? How else do you create animated tiles, such as water, etc?

It's hard going from an advanced PS user to retard level in PM.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:44:14 am by Mathias »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 04:11:38 pm
Question 2 above still plagues me like . . . the plague. Any ProPromotion genuises got a solution?

___

Well I actually used PM for an animation. I've just set it to pingpong since this animation loop/cycle has been aborted (I failed to keyframe it out, so I feel that making it loop would be virtually impossible, how to make last frame seam into frame 1???)

I will now cheat and draw something, tile it, then apply looping animatable distortion in PhotoShop, and clean up in PM, here we go . . .

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 06:08:34 am
I am experiencing constant bugs trying to create tilemaps and linked projects.

For tilemaps projects, the 'Optimize' and 'Remove Empty Tiles' commands are very buggy.

Does PM actually function for you guys??? EVERY time I attempt to edit projects, with linked-in projects for each layer, somewhere during the process PM screws up throwing up multiple error notices in my face and creates "emergency backups" in PM's root directory, of all currently open projects, which means I then have to 'Save Project as...' with every open file once I figure out what file it's supposed to be. Then start all over. If I re-open the files, according to the real name, the layering is stripped out

Very unstable and seemingly poorly-coded program. How can this be the 6th version!? It works like a beta.

I wanna kill this program!!!

Offline Ovyx

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 04:13:20 am
       My keyboard has functions such as volume, brightness, etc. on my F-command keys. It has a Fn button which as long as I hold it I can use the F-commands, however I cannot use ctrl + F-commands at the same time due to this. It's inability to use shortcuts due to this is quite an inconveince, Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?  :(

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 08:17:21 am
Check your bios. You should be able to set the function keys to normal and use the fn modifier for volume control and the like.

Offline Ovyx

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 10:07:37 pm
Check your bios. You should be able to set the function keys to normal and use the fn modifier for volume control and the like.

I've looked through my laptop for the settings to change it like you described many times, but without luck. Not sure how to access my bios, I'm quite a newb with my PC. Any idea on how to access them? I'm on a Pavilion dv5, with
windows 7.  ???

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 05:30:47 am
To access the bios you usually hit a button while the computer boots. If you see Windows logos then you've waited too long. On Dells its F2. I think HPs use Esc.

Offline Ovyx

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 04:04:17 am
To access the bios you usually hit a button while the computer boots. If you see Windows logos then you've waited too long. On Dells its F2. I think HPs use Esc.

This helps alot, Thanks mate!   ;D

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 11:29:35 am
Does anyone know how to change the pixel aspect ratio in Cosmigo Promotion? It's mentioned in the docs as supported, but I can't find where. 

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 12:12:15 pm
At the very bottom of the screen between the zoom slider and the transparency check box is a 1:1.

Click that and you will get a menu where you can choose from other ratios.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.