AuthorTopic: Cosmigo Pro Motion tips?  (Read 28059 times)

Offline dock

• View Profile

Cosmigo Pro Motion tips?

on: January 24, 2011, 10:56:20 pm
I just bit the bullet and bought Cosmigo Pro Motion.

I found the video tutorials, some of which are using Pro Motion. Are there any other good resources or tips for the software? Even some personal usage pointers would be handy. :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:41:51 am by dock »

Offline dock

• View Profile

Re: Cosmigo Pro Motion tutorials?

Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:23:03 am
In order to make this thread embarrassing, maybe I should post up my own observations. I just got my unlock code, so it's time for me to take this seriously. Obviously the manual is useful, but it's handy sometimes to have a little focus. It's not as though I use all of Photoshop, for example.

Random observations:

- 1+2 to cycle through animations is of course very handy.
- The tooltips are excellent in this program.
- H and Shift H are handy for resizing your current brush. I use this all the time in photoshop with the square brackets, so it's handy to find an equivalent.
- '.' for single pixel is also a godsend
- Pressing the G in the AFGS buttons (top left-ish) locks the palette to be universal for all animation frames.
- It seems to require a little hand holding. It doesn't like transparent PNGs (or rather treats the BG as white), and it often messes up the colours when I try to reduce the colours on a 2 colour animation. I've found myself using 8-bit PNG to stop it from choking when importing files from Photoshop.

So far I'm a little overwhelmed by it, but firing up a couple of my animations I can see how it can improve my workflow and ultimately improve my work whilst saving me time.

A few questions:

- Is there any temporary shortcut for panning the canvas?
I know I can switch with Alt+N, but in Photoshop I use the space-to-pan thing pretty often, and it's notable by its absence here.

- Is there a shortcut for toggling foreground and background colour?
This is especially relevant when I'm trying to pipette a new background colour with Ctrl.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:17:15 pm by dock »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Cosmigo Pro Motion tips?

Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:03:30 pm

I've used promo for years and years and I'd like to know this one as well.

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Re: Cosmigo Pro Motion tutorials?

Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:54:29 pm
In order to make this thread embarrassing, maybe I should post up my own observations. I just got my unlock code, so it's time for me to take this seriously. Obviously the manual is useful, but it's handy sometimes to have a little focus. It's not as though I use all of Photoshop, for example.

Random observations:

- 1+2 to cycle through animations is of course very handy.
- The tooltips are excellent in this program.
- H and Shift H are handy for resizing your current brush. I use this all the time in photoshop with the square brackets, so it's handy to find an equivalent.
- '.' for single pixel is also a godsend
- Pressing the G in the AFGS buttons (top left-ish) locks the palette to be universal for all animation frames.
- It seems to require a little hand holding. It doesn't like transparent PNGs (or rather treats the BG as white), and it often messes up the colours when I try to reduce the colours on a 2 colour animation. I've found myself using 8-bit PNG to stop it from choking when importing files from Photoshop.

So far I'm a little overwhelmed by it, but firing up a couple of my animations I can see how it can improve my workflow and ultimately improve my work whilst saving me time.

A few questions:

I know I can switch with Alt+N, but in Photoshop I use the space-to-pan thing pretty often, and it's notable by its absence here.

- Is there a shortcut for toggling foreground and background colour?
This is especially relevant when I'm trying to pipette a new background colour with Ctrl.

go to File-> Preferences -> Shortcuts
You can change up a lot of shortcut keys there, including swapping FG/BG color in your brush. (Colors->Swap FG<>BG Colors Brush- You'll have to add one). It doesn't swap the colors selected, only the colors on the brush, so its a bit weird, but works.

I'm not familiar with photoshop, but maybe nudge? (press/hold the N key to scroll around)

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:32:15 pm
Aha - Panning is done with Shift + Alt held simultaneously. N for nudge sorta works, but is very weird.

The swap FG/BG thing doesn't really cut it for me, especially as it doesn't give me the ability to change the background colour. Ah well, it'll have to do. Thanks for the tip.

At least I just figured out that I can Ctrl+Right Click to pick up the background colour.  I really don't like drawing with the right mouse button with a graphics tablet.
(I often use a mouse when pixelling, but not always!)

Offline AnnIshman

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 02:59:08 am
I've been using alt+n to pan (esc to exit) which was awkward. Shift+alt is way better.

I wrote myself a little cheat sheet of commands from watching the videos and reading the help or whatever else I've picked up of some of the useful stuff that I don't use enough for it to stick in my head. It'd be nice to put something a little less scrawled on note paper, and a little more clean, neat and easy to read. Maybe I'll throw something together at some point unless some such thing already exists? Somewhere?

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 04:03:16 am
All you people can send me some money, that shift+alt pan is in there because I bitched about the hand being a tool and not an instant thing like colourpick. \o/

I guess I could write tutorials about PM, but atm I have better things to do. Also it comes with quite a nice help file. F1 and all that. ;)
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 11:05:04 am
I've been using alt+n to pan (esc to exit) which was awkward. Shift+alt is way better.

I wrote myself a little cheat sheet of commands from watching the videos and reading the help or whatever else I've picked up of some of the useful stuff that I don't use enough for it to stick in my head. It'd be nice to put something a little less scrawled on note paper, and a little more clean, neat and easy to read. Maybe I'll throw something together at some point unless some such thing already exists? Somewhere?

Do it, I say.

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 11:19:44 am
Ptoing, as ever the world has much to thank for your existence. :) Must get you to the UK again at some point!

AnnIrishman - Please do! Share the love!

In general I find myself incredibly clumsy with Promotion, so I need to use it for a small project just to get over the difficulties. I'm finding the palette editor hard to use for example, so I guess I just need to follow the docs more closely.

I do find myself wishing I could isolate sections of an animation, so I can keep them all together in one project but work on walk cycles and jump animations independently. Is there anything in Promotion to support this, or do I need to chop up my animations into different parts and then join them up again when I'm ready to export?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:28:30 am by dock »

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:00 pm
I'm trying out the tilemap system, and it does seem pretty awesome. I have a couple of questions relating to it:

- Can I specify that I wish to create a new version of the tile I'm drawing onto? For example, if I have three identical blocks in a row and I want to adjust one of them (creating a unique tile) right now I have to copy and paste it into a 0-tile area with the Duplicate setting enabled, mess with it, then paste it back. Can I do this more directly?
- Is there any way to zoom the tile palette? I'm using 8x8 tiles and it's super duper small.
- Is there any way to lock the tile palette layout to a certain width? I realise I can resize the window, which is what I'm relying on right now.

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 11:04:28 pm
You can either press the little D at the top which creates duplicates if you copy paste tiles around, or better yet turn of Sync Mode. Then you can just draw new shit and nothing gets updated until you turn sync mode on again. ALSO, NEVER SAVE WITHOUT SYNC MODE OFF AND LEAVE PROMOTION. This does not really break your file but it corrupts it and you have to go into it's guts (PMP files are really just renamed zips)

No tile palette zooming atm, but it is in the list of of todos
The width restriction is not in the todo but I will tell Jan next time I send a bug report. :)

Offline AnnIshman

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 06:05:16 pm
Do it, I say.

OK. Ok.

Here is the shortcut list from the help.

Shortcut List

I believe the first step is to trim down to the most useful commands. Multiple sheets may be necessary (novice, advanced, etc). I've started to trim them down, but opinions on what should be removed/kept would be nice to hear.

I took a stab at using icons, but I think there will be some commands that will be very difficult to communicate with an 8x8-ish icon. I made it white background figuring it would be nice to be able to print it and not eat a bunch of ink. I don't know if I would say this is the step in the right direction, but it certainly is a step.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:35:56 am by AnnIshman »

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 10:41:14 am
AnnIrishman, I think this is a great start.

Some other things I discovered recently:

Shift +/- resize your brush, but don't damage it like halving/doubling will.  
This is really handy for me, as I work this way in Photoshop all the time, resizing my brush as I go.

J Toggle spare frame.
I'm finding this pretty handy, especially if I want to quickly make a tileable texture. It's useful to have a separate doc that shares my palette and other settings, so I can just try stuff out.

I'm starting to love the tilemap feature, but also it drives me crazy. I need to figure out how to implement it into a pipeline, especially as it seems hell bent on moving my tiles around. I've tried to lay them out manually and re-import them, but it always flips out in these cases. I suspect I'll have to learn more about this process to get it working.  I'm also curious as to whether I'll be able to get tile layers, and tile animations working correctly in my export process. I might use layers to behave as my colliding and non-colliding areas, but it would still be good to be able to specify which tiles are deadly so that I can place hazards in the tile editor.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:39:33 am by dock »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 10:41:27 am
About destroying a brush with halfing, you can always restore your brush with Shift+B ;)

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 12:45:38 am
Ah, thanks ptoing!

Tilemaps are driving me absolutely crazy. I want to be able to arrange my tiles myself, basically, and that really isn't happening. I've tried importing tiles and mapping them but it either breaks entirely, or maps the colours weirdly, or doubles up the number of tiles and generally goes berserk. >_< The process I'm using has a tile index threshold for collidable tiles (all tiles above X number are collidable etc), but right now it's a massive pain to move them around.  It's starting to seem impractical to deal with a large number of tiles in Pro Motion because of these troubles, only really convenient to adjust each tile with a handful.

Is there anything I ought to watch out for when working with tilemaps, other than disabling sync?

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 09:22:32 am
Does Pro Motion have any support for padded tilemaps either? A lot of engines require you to pad your tiles with a couple of pixels at the side, and right now I can't do that with Pro Motion.

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 12:11:03 pm
If you make an image that has the tiles in the first rows then it will take them in that order. So you can arrange them there before converting the whole thing to a tilemap.

About the padding it is not supported, but it would not be hard to add the padding afterwards in the tilesheet, no?

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 02:28:31 pm
Aha, putting the tiles at the top of the image is an excellent tip! Thanks so much!! I can also put them in a box shape in the top left corner so long as I don't introduce new tiles.  It's making it much easier for me to spot and deal with accidentally duplicated tiles too. I'm working with very low res and low colour at the moment, so that can happen.

I can't seem to delete a tilemap once I create it.  To get around this I'm saving as PNG, closing image, and loading the image again. Is there another way of deleting a tilemap from a PMP project, in order to create the tilemap again?

As for tile padding, it only takes a few minutes, but it's the sort of task that I wouldn't want to have to do every time when I'm iterating or fixing. I'll see whether I can write a Photoshop action to do it.

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 03:49:39 pm
You can not untilemap a tilemap project, as it is the format of the project. You can optimise the tilemap, which gets rid of non existent tiles and such. But what you always can do esp if you only have 1 layer is got Ctrl+A (which grabs the whole frame) Ctrl+N which opens the new project window and then just click from brush. And then generate a tilemap again. Takes a few seconds but it's not too bad..

Offline AnnIshman

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 11:24:21 pm
Did some more cleaning. The tricky part here is the point of this is to make it easier to track down the more obscure shortcuts that are not used often enough to commit to memory. If you leave the criteria as simple as that then the list is so long it nearly defeats the purpose. I think a reasonable goal is a beginner's list that when printed takes no more than a legal sized sheet of paper and an advanced list that trims the fat. The final size of the advanced list I am still debating. I was hoping small enough to tape to a monitor. I don't know if that will be possible.

First on the chopping block for the advanced list, imo, are the tools and brush shortcuts or at least the bulk of them. If you have not hit comma 5,000 times then you have not leveled up enough for the advanced list.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 04:19:09 pm
The shortcuts list should seriously ship exactly as is with the software as a separate help file. Have you considered sending it to Jan?

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 11:25:33 am
Did some more cleaning
[. . .]
First on the chopping block for the advanced list, imo, are the tools and brush shortcuts or at least the bulk of them. If you have not hit comma 5,000 times then you have not leveled up enough for the advanced list.

Honestly I have never used the comma binding for pipette.  Holding down CTRL alone toggles a sort of 'quick pipette' if you will (just like holding ALT in photoshop) so you can right/left click the color you want for fore/background and release CTRL to return to the tool you were originally using.

I think the keys I use the most often, where tools are concerned and not the obvious undo/redo/various saves, are:

S / D
paint dotted / continuous

F
flood fill

V
line

ALT+B
freehand grab brush

CTRL+A
grab all as brush

Z / X / SHIFT+ / ZSHIFT+B
flip brush / rotate brush / restore brush

1 / 2
previous frame / next frame

ALT+F
fixed background

[ and ]
next / previous palette entry, very useful if using a smaller palette sorted by brightness. These are also bound to my tablet side buttons for faster use because my fingers rarely leave the 'ASDF' area.

My mouse wheel is bound to increase / decrease brush size instead of the default scrolling, though I more use the touch ring on my intuos4 tablet for that instead of the mouse, and the two side buttons for the wacom pen are bound to the CTRL modifier (quick pipette!) and right click.

The other shortcuts I'm fairly fluent with, but don't need them NEARLY as often as the above mentioned. When animating, I find the fastest way to move parts around nice and quick from frame to frame is to always keep a solid background, and my background/secondary selected color as that color.  That way when I go to use the grab brush tools to snag pieces at a time to move around from frame-to-frame, any of the background (usually set to be transparent later anyway) color that got selected will not appear in the brush I grabbed. Not sure if this was mentioned but it is handy to note that if you grab a brush with any of the grab tools by selecting with the left mouse button, it will just make a copy of that brush for you to use, whereas if you select it while dragging with the right mouse button it will lift your selection off entirely.

Offline AnnIshman

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 11:17:22 pm
Helm's suggestion gave me an idea and rather than derail this topic anymore with all this I created a new post.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 01:57:05 am
Aaarrrhhhhggggguurgrgrghhhh

*Mathias trepidatiously jumps into the Promotion mosh pit and gets trampled

*Then he gets back up and attempts animation . . .

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 07:13:00 am
Ok . . .

Creating a 'Tile Maps' formatted project.

Question: Can you use layers for Tile Maps?

Notice my Layer Settings palette. Currently, Layer "3" is isolated. If I isolate any of the 4 layers, they all have the same exact pixel data. If I make a new layer, it just becomes a duplicate layer as well, inheriting the existing pixels in the document. What gives!?

I want to use PM's layers here so I can have layers of background tiles, foreground tiles, etc visible at once or isolatable if I want. Would not an artist normally draw foreground tiles on a transparent layer right above his background tiles? You gotta know how things jive as you progress . . .

(now don't be stealing my hot new tileset there ok!?)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:34:49 pm by Mathias »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 07:41:02 am
Here is a little setup I made for you.

http://ptoing.net/post/layers.pmp

What you have to understand that in PM layers = frames (more or less) tho you can also have different projects show in one. Which is nice for sprite overlay mockup stuff. Also you have to note that you have to assign a colour as transparent. Atm it actually is not possible to have non transparent unless you choose to have alpha, which I would probably not advise for layers.

Also protip: RTFM!

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 02:07:16 am
Ok, that sheds some light, thanks Big Sven! I had actually read a fair bit of the M already.
So, I simply failed to use the 'Use Frame Position' settings thing. Why can't they just be freaking layers???
I suspected PM layering was driven by a different concept than PS layering.

Just gotta spend the time dinking around getting the hand of things now.

And yeah, what I've read (in the M) about linking projects sounds great. Sounds like you can link Tile Map projects that are even different dimensions, and different tile widths/heights. Nice.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 03:38:43 am
Ok, here's one for ya -

I've got a project with 8 frames. Somehow I drew all the good stuff on Frame 5. I don't want 8 frames. I only want 2. But when I hit the 'Delete Frame' button 6 times to knock it down to the desired total of 2 frames, frame 5 gets deleted.

CTRL-Click on the 'Delete Frame' and I get the delete frame range dialogue, but no matter what I do, even if I just delete frame1, frame5 disappears.  whut
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:26:02 am by Mathias »

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 09:00:52 am
Try deleting the frames with layers toggled off maybe? If you are working with fixed frame number layers, it might be defaulting back to a frame one of your layers is spotlighting when you delete another? When hitting the frame "-" button it only effects the currently shown frame number. But yeah... CTRL clicking the frame "-" should work to define, say, purging frame1 through 4.

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 11:17:27 pm
Mathias, it seems you are not using PM right. I dunno, seriously it is not rocket science.

If you click the - button (ctrl+delete btw) it will delete the frame you are currently looking at.

If you wanna use the range thing you would have to do it twice and delete 1-4 and then again 2-4 (in your 8 frames, frame 5 is good scenario)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 03:19:54 am
I guess Deluxe Paint was set up this way huh? I hear PM closely mimics DP's behaviors. Still figuring it out.

I got some questions here . . .

• (1) Is there a way to create a new layer and it not be a copy of an existing layer? Do you just have to clear it every time?
  • (2) Organizing Tilemaps. I can't group similar tiles together in my tilemap. When I drag one around, the rest all jump around like crazy. Why can't the one you drug and replaced just switch places??? I've seen screenshots where ppl have logically grouped similar tiles together somehow.
  • (3) With AA turned on, does PM use only the colors in the palette to make AA?
  • (4) Is it possible to have a multi-layered animation without referencing other projects to display in your file?
  • (5) Is there a way to have an animated Tile Map? How else do you create animated tiles, such as water, etc?

It's hard going from an advanced PS user to retard level in PM.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:44:14 am by Mathias »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 04:11:38 pm
Question 2 above still plagues me like . . . the plague. Any ProPromotion genuises got a solution?

___

Well I actually used PM for an animation. I've just set it to pingpong since this animation loop/cycle has been aborted (I failed to keyframe it out, so I feel that making it loop would be virtually impossible, how to make last frame seam into frame 1???)

I will now cheat and draw something, tile it, then apply looping animatable distortion in PhotoShop, and clean up in PM, here we go . . .

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 06:08:34 am
I am experiencing constant bugs trying to create tilemaps and linked projects.

For tilemaps projects, the 'Optimize' and 'Remove Empty Tiles' commands are very buggy.

Does PM actually function for you guys??? EVERY time I attempt to edit projects, with linked-in projects for each layer, somewhere during the process PM screws up throwing up multiple error notices in my face and creates "emergency backups" in PM's root directory, of all currently open projects, which means I then have to 'Save Project as...' with every open file once I figure out what file it's supposed to be. Then start all over. If I re-open the files, according to the real name, the layering is stripped out

Very unstable and seemingly poorly-coded program. How can this be the 6th version!? It works like a beta.

I wanna kill this program!!!

Offline Ovyx

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 04:13:20 am
       My keyboard has functions such as volume, brightness, etc. on my F-command keys. It has a Fn button which as long as I hold it I can use the F-commands, however I cannot use ctrl + F-commands at the same time due to this. It's inability to use shortcuts due to this is quite an inconveince, Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?  :(

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 08:17:21 am
Check your bios. You should be able to set the function keys to normal and use the fn modifier for volume control and the like.

Offline Ovyx

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 10:07:37 pm
Check your bios. You should be able to set the function keys to normal and use the fn modifier for volume control and the like.

I've looked through my laptop for the settings to change it like you described many times, but without luck. Not sure how to access my bios, I'm quite a newb with my PC. Any idea on how to access them? I'm on a Pavilion dv5, with
windows 7.  ???

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 05:30:47 am
To access the bios you usually hit a button while the computer boots. If you see Windows logos then you've waited too long. On Dells its F2. I think HPs use Esc.

Offline Ovyx

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 04:04:17 am
To access the bios you usually hit a button while the computer boots. If you see Windows logos then you've waited too long. On Dells its F2. I think HPs use Esc.

This helps alot, Thanks mate!   ;D

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 11:29:35 am
Does anyone know how to change the pixel aspect ratio in Cosmigo Promotion? It's mentioned in the docs as supported, but I can't find where. 

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 12:12:15 pm
At the very bottom of the screen between the zoom slider and the transparency check box is a 1:1.

Click that and you will get a menu where you can choose from other ratios.

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 04:20:39 pm
At the very bottom of the screen between the zoom slider and the transparency check box is a 1:1.

Click that and you will get a menu where you can choose from other ratios.

http://starfruitgames.com/aspectratio.png

I click the 1:1 box, but it only allows me to zoom out farther. I don't see any additional menu. Where is this menu supposed to appear?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:36:52 pm by dock »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 08:49:38 pm
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:52:08 pm by ptoing »

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 11:51:02 am
Oh, I didn't realise 6.5 hadn't installed properly. I just uninstalled 6.0 and installed 6.5 now.

http://starfruitgames.com/aspectratioproblem2.png
Nevertheless, it makes no difference, I still don't see the menu you say exists.
I'm definitely running 6.5 now.

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:42 pm
Aha, I've found it. Wow, that's subtle. Yes, you're right ptoing, there is the 1:1 on the right of the zoom bar, which is secretly a button you can press. Holy balls :) Thanks!

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 02:16:11 pm
Haha, tell me about it. I was like O_o??? when the feature was added in the beta run, took me quite a while to find the thing. Also note that you can set the aspect differently on the animation window (or have it linked, which is default, little chain symbol at the bottom there, which you also can click) due to me bickering about it. It's nice to be able to suggest stuff to the programmer :D