AuthorTopic: GR#041 - Polluted Sky - Pixel Artwork  (Read 25681 times)

Offline thepezman

• View Profile

Re: After a year I relieved myself.. ';..;'

Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 06:36:02 pm
I like the the earlier skulls much better.

I loved how the toxic smog defined the majority of the skull, especially how it became the space in between the jaw.  Now the bone jaw is cutting back into the fog with such a crisp smooth edge that it gives no illusion of being formed from the smoke.  The end result makes it look like a flaming skull being propelled through the air, just turned green.

To be honest with the changes in the skull and the green to the side of it, it looks more like a tattoo than anything.  The green stuff you added doesn't fade into the environment or clouds it doesn't have a fading intensity as it spreads from the source it just plops down on top of it all.  Maybe this is what you want in the piece though.

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 07:15:41 pm
I hope we can find a similar effect for the new skull then  ;D

Offline Moribund

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 04:23:08 am
Looks amazing but I liked the more subtle skull of the earlier versions.I also think the distorted water is much more readable. Maybe try something halfway?

Offline mrToad

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 09:35:33 pm
I also like the distorted water with the sun reflections on it, really makes it feel alive for me. Really good work I like it.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 09:37:14 pm
I think you should add more dissortions :O
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline mikdog

• View Profile
    • Mike Scott Animation

Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 10:19:20 am
Looks cool. Only thing I'd do is possibly lose the two squares at top left and ight.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 04:12:55 pm
I hope we can find a similar effect for the new skull then  ;D

Have you considered having hands as well as the skull?
I don't know if its a good idea but the shape of the pollution is almost like arms and torso if you wanted to try suggestion those shapes...
Just an idea.

Offline st0ven

• View Profile
    • spriteart

Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 01:15:58 am
looking at the most recent revision - the biggest distraction for me right now is the fact that the plane 'con' trails are so skewed from the purely horizontal horizon that youve established. it makes it look like a clash of perspectives.

you seem to be struggling over making the water reflective but subdued (closer to where i think you should be going with it to properly illustrate 'water') vs this perfectly reflective/smooth surface that reads to me that its more like an ocean of methane, or some alien, toxic fluid that has no business being next to a city.

the distortion is going to get bigger to the camera as well, which i think would do well at that point to start blending out the reflective imagery and focus more on illustrating the water :)

the skull pollution concept is pretty interesting to look at imo. its a neat concept for sure. lookin forward to seein ya decide how you want to handle the water and nail it so you can call it finished.