AuthorTopic: Rpg Mockup ( wip)  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Rpg Mockup ( wip)

on: January 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
I made this mockup for a friend, trying to show him how I would improve his game, he loved it yet I think I could improve it, and what other place than my beloved wayofthepixel to get some help:

top being his, and bottom mine.

I am really not sure what to do >_< I am not entirely happy but don't know what to edit, so please wayofthepixel help me pimp my ride art

Offline McSkippy

• Bro
    • View Profile

Re: Rpg Mockup ( wip)

Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:42:06 am
And add some texture to the brown wires on the floor, I think what's missing in your edit.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:36:07 am
I like your friends pipework more, yours is so stiff and thin :)
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:28:22 am
Yeah, agreed with skippy and elk bout the pipes, could be bigger or just as big as before, so u get the necessary shading on it. Everything looks really good, the shades you added on the water is what really makes it a lot better imo, although it ends abruptly on the right side bridge, maby add a small shade being cast from the cliffs aswell to get even more depth?. Not a 100% about the character, everything else seems to be drawn in one style except off him. if you can add the "less is more" style to him aswell I think it would be better!

quick edit on the character:

If you still wanna go for ur own char I like it is I suggest you work a bit on the outlines, clean it up a bit, seeing as everything else has quite a dark one. Especially on the arms.

But overall it looks very pleasing to the eye!

good job

Edit:

Just noticed it looks like mine got breasts and it appeared to me that this might not be a guy? if it is a man, u should probably consider taking that shade away from over his belt buckle :) Did a new edit and reposted
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:56:46 am by coffee »

Offline McSkippy

• Bro
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:07:54 pm
Kren, I just noticed your character's right arm is bigger than his left arm.

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 06:08:41 am
XDD mcSkippy you are right, I will edit the character later.

@Elk: D;!!! going to give it a try, I just don't want to make people get attracted to those and ignore the other stuffs going on D; they are too colorful? not sure if thats the term, but they just opaque the other stuffs if I make it thicker, but still I will post one ;p.

@coffee: hmm yeah I will try to simplify it more, I agree in a part but not sure how to do it ;/

hmm my main concern is that I beleive the style doesn't match, it doesn't fit, not sure why, I just don't like it, but not sure how to improve it...