AuthorTopic: Tactics Character WIP  (Read 26341 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Tactics Character WIP

Reply #50 on: April 21, 2006, 01:57:27 am
i can, in a way, see where you are coming from in the shoe, however i must stress the fact that i have no desire to alter the costume, and that includes keeping the poofy pants.  if i wanted them to hug his leg, they would, but i want them poofy.  tomorrow i tihnk i will post the concept art i did so that people will see what it is i am trying to animate which is for all intents and purposes a silly costume.  thank you though for taking the time, every little bit of input helps.

i am curious, is there a reason you chose only to alter the right foot and not the left?  did you mean for me to alter both? they are going in pretty much the same pattern, so by my rreasoning they should be kept almost the same, no?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

sonic_reaper

Reply #51 on: April 21, 2006, 02:23:25 am
... ... ...

Ooookay ... I didn't alter the pants I simply lifted his leg more.  Before he was walking as if he were only bending his knee and stepping forward.  This problem was apparent on the right leg only (which is why I left the other alone, it looks fine).  I didn't even touch the boots, just altered the perspective on the foot iself a bit so that it would now match the leg.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #52 on: April 21, 2006, 02:40:02 am
looking pretty cool sofar, that terrain is insane man, one thing thats bugging me is I think you see too much of the underside of his boots in the running anim ;)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: April 21, 2006, 02:42:01 pm
sonic reaper, i have to disagree, i looked at them frame you edited and you tightened the pantleg so that it hugged the form.  if you are going to make an edit, why denie that the changes you made, especially when everyone can see the image?  also, i see no difference between me saying shoe and you saying foot, they seem to be the same thing to me, and like i said i can
see where you are coming from in the shoe
and intend to adjust it in my next edit, so im not sure what all that "..." is for

.takaM, yeah, sonic reaper changed that in his edit that in his edit and im going to adjust the feet in my next edit
A mistake is a mistake.

sonic_reaper

Reply #54 on: April 21, 2006, 07:10:02 pm
You must have the eyes of a hawk :p  My intention was not to tighten the pant leg, it was merely to raise the leg.  I don't see anyone else commenting on in it so I'm not sure how anyone can "see the image".  You're making me feel guilty as if I did something wrong.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 08:50:00 pm
sorry, i didnt mean to sound ticked, i was just confused  ???

new edit soon with adjusted boots and trying to figure out how to make the legs look better without tightening the pant leg, and also at some point that concept art (but since this is a pixel forum, the concept art wont officially be up for critique though comments will be welcome)
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline kerisu

• What is the wrong with me?
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

I admire you.

Reply #56 on: April 22, 2006, 11:35:08 pm
I like how you keep the light source the same... it's fun to watch the shine on the guy's head stay there while he turns around.

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #57 on: April 23, 2006, 10:00:57 pm
cant wait to see this all nice and finished and animated ! :D

ps. i would love to edit this guy and use him as a base :S, may i ?

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #58 on: April 23, 2006, 11:38:51 pm
certainly.  if it is still recognizeable when you are through editing, please give credit to me (Nathan Christie) for animation base, and all the people at pixelopolis for their help guiding it
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #59 on: April 24, 2006, 02:10:12 am
 The tactics character looks great. One thing I am concerned is the hair. Any news so far of what the hair will look like? The character reminds me of ragnarok.