AuthorTopic: [WIP] 2fort  (Read 5465 times)

Offline Finoli

• View Profile

[WIP] 2fort

on: December 16, 2010, 01:16:11 pm
Heya  :lol:

I recently got interested in isometric pixel art and this is my first attempt at anything serious

This isn't nearly finished  :P

tell me what you think and tell me if I did anything wrong :)
the concept comes from a map from the game Team Fortress 2
Cya!

Offline sakket

• poop'n
    • View Profile
    • my yootoob

Re: [WIP] 2fort

Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 04:51:36 pm
yeesh, thought this was a 3d model, and was planning on directing you to the low-poly boards.

I wonder if making this in sketchup would have been faster..
littleroller.blogspot.com

Offline Finoli

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 03:53:00 pm
Dunno, but I have been working a lot more on it and here's what it looks like atm

Tell me what you think  ;D

Offline BwdYeti

• Emo Halb + Emocar = :|
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 06:26:27 pm
The brick pattern should probably switch between wall faces

What're you planning to do for the RED base? Is it going to obscure some of the center of the map?

Offline Finoli

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 10:16:50 pm
Yeah, I don't see any other way to do it. It probably won't obscure that much of it, and if it covers too many details on some part I'll just make the building that is obscuring it a tiny bit shorter.
How would you do it?   ???
And about the brick part, I did keep that in mind, just turned out wrong I see :sigh:

Offline Gromit

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 02:00:43 pm
I'm really liking this and I hope you add the characters in there too when you're done too.

I'm really not a fan of the dithering. You might be better just using solid colours to use for your shading as opposed to dithering. I'd look at other iso art and see how certain shapes and highlights are commonly approached.

I did notice a 4 pixel line on the roof of the bridge and another one just above the second bridge support (red side) were these intentional?

I don't think you'll obscure too much though, you can always take an artistic license and just make the bridge longer if it doesn't. Infact from looking at screenshots your bridge probably is a bit short. There's 4 support posts in yours and 5 in the actual one so there you go, problem solved.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:04:23 pm by Gromit »

Offline Jakerpot

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 04:25:03 pm
Actually, i think the bridge is 1/3 larger than this, because it's almost aligned with the 2 floor (scouts can jump to it).
This is getting interesting, if you are feeling confortable, you should do 2 visions, one from red and other from blu base. Also, i would like to see the inteligence rooms and the inner bases  :P

Offline Mattsnoops

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 04:53:34 pm
You forgot the tunnel underneath the bridge.
Otherwise it is coming out great.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 09:42:29 am
personally, instead of having the red base obscure parts of the center, i would take the liberty and not have the bases face each other, but make the connectin bridge turn 90 degrees at the center so that the red base would be left to the blue one, seen from the front as well. From a gamedesign standpoint at least this would make more sense, balancewise. Not that you ever said this was your intention :)