AuthorTopic: Fighter/Rpg Hybrid  (Read 3112 times)

Offline zez

• View Profile

Fighter/Rpg Hybrid

on: January 03, 2011, 01:10:18 am

These are 3 party members/playable characters for a project Im working on, this is kind of the second draft of them, as the first draft looked good but was near impossible to animate. They are kinda loosely based on a cross between suikoden sprites and Neo Geo pocket fighting game sprites, and the game will be sort of a hybrid between a jrpg and fighting game. Crits and Edits are more then welcome, and these are by no means final.

Offline zez

• View Profile

Re: Fighter/Rpg Hybrid

Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 12:19:42 am

Half way between a bump and a 'hey I actually need help with this one.'
I cant get this characters robes to look right, and Im not sure why.

Offline Knight-Pixel

• View Profile
    • Knight Pixel

Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 12:44:59 am
I'm not a pro with Sprite pixelling but from what I can see, the light source I can see from your shading is from the front, not from the top. The poses are also slightly passive, I think someone carrying a massive blade would have a leaning, dynamic pose.

I'm liking the look though, props for pulling off the 'anime eye' in such low resolution.
AKA. DorifutoRabbit, RKSavage

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:37:00 pm
I think the frontal light source is exactly whats bugging me about the last one, thanks. Did you mean that comment to apply too all of them, or just the one? I was going for top lighting (well, I guess top front, as apposed to directly above them) so if that doesnt come through at all Im clearly doing it wrong... Unless its just the hair, that will probably get changed soon, I kinda was just blocking out the form for the hair, but then liked the look and just left it like that.

Passive poses wise, are you referring too the combat poses, or all poses? The poses to the right are, for lack of a better term, "passive" meaning they are just standing around doing nothing in a town or something, the far left are combat and umm... shouldnt be passive? Once again thats something I need to adress, so thankee.

The character with the ginormas sword however is supposed to look fairly effortless wielding it, as she is a plant given the ability to move by the magic of the sword of legendary spiky haired protagonist of yore, so its really more like the sword is carrying her....