AuthorTopic: Techy Tiles [WIP]  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Nomadic_Cupcake

• View Profile

Techy Tiles [WIP]

on: January 02, 2011, 04:48:59 pm
I need to make tiles for a project and I have no idea where to go with any of them.
Here are the ones I have so far:

They need a lot of work.

The first one is a Conditional, it checks to see if more or less than a specified amount of time has passed on the Timer Trigger, which is the second tile.
The last three are wires that would connect the trigger, conditionals, and effects.

Edit: Timer Conditional updated.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:12:11 pm by Nomadic_Cupcake »

Offline questseeker

• View Profile

Re: Techy Tiles [WIP]

Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:16:08 am
  • Way too many colours. You should be more frugal and stop trusting antialiased drawing tools that just make you insert muddy and inappropriate details like the corners and the red spot of the timer icon or the 3 shades of brown and 6 of grey/blue in the wire icons.
  • The conditional icon is particularly ugly because it has a sharp, misshapen and incomplete dark outline: are you sure you are using correct intermediate alpha values?
  • The interior of the conditional icon has an inappropriate texture, which comes across as mere noise.
  • What's in the bottom left corner of the timer icon? Why do you use a panel of ultra-retro blinking lights, an obvious output peripheral, as an icon for a timer?
  • I'd expect to see long wires stretched between objects, not ridiculously short ones confined inside a wire icon: how are they to be used? Wires should meet at some sort of box, not in a simple fork of the wire.

Offline Nomadic_Cupcake

• View Profile

Re: Techy Tiles [WIP]

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 04:39:49 pm
I redid the wires. These use less colors and have the box connector as suggested.

These would possibly be used in a game where the players can build their own levels using the supplied blocks. The wires would be used to allow for more complicated arrangements of the Triggers, Effects, and Conditionals.