AuthorTopic: FFT spritework  (Read 20634 times)

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: FFT spritework

Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 08:18:42 pm
Um, idrawgirls.com requires me to pay to use the tutorials? I can't afford that, haha.

He has a lot of free videos up, here is one and there is a whole list of them if you scroll down.

http://idrawgirls.blogspot.com/search/label/Basic%20Tutorial%3A%20Anime%20Manga%20Drawing%20II

I'm giving you links to drawing tutorials because I don't think there are any tutorials specifically about pixeling characters in the style you want. You have to learn how to draw traditionally first and then translate that into pixels.

To make sprites smaller without making them blurry resize them using nearest neighbor or pixel resize or a similar option. Any professional paint program should have an option to resize without blurring.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:22:36 pm by EvilEye »

Offline Kagebunji

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 09:05:48 pm
I really gotta learn how to draw? I was bad at drawing ever since I remember... Smash, be a pal and finish your grand FFT portrait creation tutorial, would you? It would help out a lot of peoples, including me...

Heck, tutorials about any kind of pixeling are fine, pixel is pixel, right? I oughta learn something one way or another, heh. Btw, I never saw tutorials on this site(I never have been on "main page" either).

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 06:46:11 am
Rather than make a new topic:

Offline SimTheDog

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 04:08:38 pm
The shading around the neck is too dark in my opinion. You've shaded it as if he has a very big head. I don't know the members here because I'm a new user, but the last post with examples of your chosen style has sprites that aren't as darkly shaded as yours. Tone down the shading around the neck, and also make the outline that is facing the light source fade into the light source shading, if you understand what I'm trying to say. :)

Offline Kagebunji

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 05:07:16 pm
If you could tell about what portrait you talk about, we would be gratefull, haha. It's been some time since I was on here... I purhased few tomes about drawing tutorial from friend. He got really great while using them, so I hope I will actually improve...

Offline Mezyrthim

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 01:46:42 am
Looks like a good way to learn how to sprite.. I may join ffhacktics.. those Gifs are awesome too btw.

Offline Aelyrin

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 08:16:46 am
I was pretty much just skimming the thread when I came across this little gem:
I really gotta learn how to draw?

... ???
You can't seriously think you can get away with making pixel art without being able to draw, can you?

Offline Kagebunji

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 12:46:13 pm
You CAN do pixel art while being unable to draw IRL. It's just that once you know how to draw properly IRL, pixel art becomes like 100000x easier, plus your concepts become damn amazing. That's basicly it, I never escaped this.

Offline edu1337

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 05:51:40 pm
You CAN do pixel art while being unable to draw IRL. It's just that once you know how to draw properly IRL, pixel art becomes like 100000x easier, plus your concepts become damn amazing. That's basicly it, I never escaped this.

of course you can do pixel art without any drawing skill, but it will be comparatively as lousy as your drawings

Offline Kagebunji

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 06:59:56 pm
Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks to the books I got though, I get better at drawing each day(it takes forever, but it's at least something). Just give me like ten more years to get good...