AuthorTopic: Original Alien Warrior Sprite (C&C)  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Diminished

• View Profile

Original Alien Warrior Sprite (C&C)

on: December 15, 2010, 03:54:31 am
I started working on this character, but then I got stuck. I know he needs a ton of work with shading, and also has some proportion issues, too. I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone could let me know how I can improve him. Thanks.

Offline Altoontoon

• View Profile
    • Fran Gonzalez Portfoio

Re: Original Alien Warrior Sprite (C&C)

Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:36:19 pm

Hello.

I made a little edit with your alien and this is the things that i changed, im sure that other people can find other good ideas to improve it:

-  Proportions: the right arm is longer than the left if you extend it so i resized it.
- Shape: the foots has an odd shape that make the pose of the alien very little solid.
             the hand that is grabbing the pole is a little confusing, i retouched to appears more natural with the thumb finger facing to the bottom.

I hope you find interesting this changes. See the picture and good luck with it.

Offline Diminished

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:30:35 am
Thanks for the reply, Altoon. I thought the edit you did to the arm made it look a little stubby. But the feet look way better than mine. Thanks man.

I changed his arm up a little bit so it isn't as long now, and I tried to fix the hand that's holding the weapon, but it still looks pretty terrible. I'm not sure what to do now.

Can anyone let me know if it's an improvement?

Offline Diminished

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 12:31:44 pm
Tried to make him look better by giving him a wider stance. Changed his color to blue.