AuthorTopic: Final Fantasy VI portraits [update]  (Read 23621 times)

Offline Kagebunji

• View Profile

Re: Final Fantasy VI portrait remakes

Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 05:22:44 pm
Those are some nice updates, Lijj. But there are some things that need to be fixed. For example Shadow's chin is looking too square, make it rounder and smaller. Cyan's eyes are way too dark, I can understand big black eyebrows, but his eye should be visible, haha. Current version of Mog is on the right track, just shade it more all around, cause it looks very flat now. Sabin looks way better too, but he looks kinda chubby, not a top priority issue to do, but make sure you fix it once you get to it. And I see you are starting Gau too, good luck, hehe.

Offline PocoLoco

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy 6 Hacking

Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 07:00:00 am
no problem bro

I look forward to seeing it :)

I would also LOVE to see an attempt at Kefka and Emperor Gestahl/Gastra
You know, I always thought that dogs...uh laid eggs....and uh, I learned something today.

-Peter Griffin

Offline Gamer36

• Just a noob.
    • View Profile
    • Gamer36 Wordpress

Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 09:12:02 am
Well I've no idea who is who in your sprites but Celes (I'm guessing) has a flower in her hair (is it a flower?) that looks ALOT like an ear, maybe make it less skin colorish?
Pixel Art, what (mostly) all of us are here for.

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 10:00:38 am
Well I've no idea who is who in your sprites but Celes (I'm guessing) has a flower in her hair (is it a flower?) that looks ALOT like an ear, maybe make it less skin colorish?
And "I use a lot of colors" .. Well I don't, nor can I, 15 maximum for this project so stfu. No it's obviously not an ear or a flower.

Offline Solluxx

• 1 pixel out of place :D
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:25 am
these are very nice and you are doing an awesome job :y:
however a few things i thnk could use some improvment are

-The moogles head comes down to a point giving him a very feline look, i think rounding out is head and shortening his ears will make him that much more perfect.
-The man with black tied back hair has some strange shadows that make him less look stressed or sinister and more like he is spitting or sucking on a lollipop. ;D
-And finally i think the blond haired jungle man has a tad small face for his head and body,mabye space his features out allittle or make them larger if possible.

hope my opninions help at all,  you are very talented! keep at it  :D
In my opinion ;D

Offline PocoLoco

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy 6 Hacking

Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 02:40:46 am
hey I just decided to throw up another FF6 mugshot, this 1 is currently a WIP but its mostly 4 Lijj 2 see :p

its a cultist from FF6 ;)
You know, I always thought that dogs...uh laid eggs....and uh, I learned something today.

-Peter Griffin

Offline ||||

• llll_lijj
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:32 am
Oh boy here we go... (always nervous posting here) UPDATE:ty for posting these portraits Poco Loco and thank you for the encouragement Souluxx.

Offline alspal

• alastair
    • View Profile
    • My games and things

Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 03:15:08 am
Looks like a lot of them have a very small jaw/chin.  :'(

Offline Corinthian Baby

• Meditating Pixel Placement
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 02:40:54 pm
Locke and Gau need the most work imo.

Locke looks like a 10 yr old. Why? Ill-pronounced chin and big eyes, with big ear as well. His bandanna should be at the same slope as the rest of his head/face. His hair strands are too big and clunky. Look at Terra's hair and the hair on the orig Locke face. Smaller strands, more shaggy will make it look more natural. Get rid of those 2 vertical pixels at his nose. Pronounce his jaw/chin and make his mouth wider. Also another detail from the orig face, he has beady little eyes looking to side, insinuating that he is clever and mischievous, matching his personality in the game. I know you're putting a new style on it but if you study certain elements that worked, you can convey them in your own as well.

As for Gau, the orig face was really strange and awkward pose, hunched over, but it conveyed his animal instincts in a way. The hair also lacks flow, again the strands are too large, making it look DBZ-esque. His jaw is angular to the point that he has no chin practically. His eye-ridge is rounded to the point where it is taking over the rest of his face and thus the head volume looks wonky. To portray his characteristics more closely, again look at the subtleties of the orig. A 2 vertical pixel smirk, curved eyebrows and eyes looking off to the side. That, combined with a posture of being hunched over gives the idea that personifies his aboriginal demeanor.

I hope this helps.

Offline ||||

• llll_lijj
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 10:20:56 pm
Alright.. I agree with you on a lot of these crits Corinthian. I think I'll keep Lockes bandanna at the angle it is but try to implement everything else. I'll work on Gau too but I like the hair as it is.. ergh.. I'll see what I can do.
Anyway also have a Strago WIP: