AuthorTopic: Updates: Moderators & Representatives  (Read 14205 times)

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Updates: Moderators & Representatives

on: August 16, 2005, 10:19:25 pm
Even though Pixelation is still under development, we are bringing back the spirit of Pixelation: The moderators are being assembled and the forum rules have been updated and will be made available soon.

Now that we have reached over 100 members, it's time to address some of the new elements to the site. We're introducing a peer representation system. In this system, representatives are elected and hold office for a quarter of the year. They shall be responsible for coming up with and providing weekly challenges and activities, as well as proposing rule changes, confirming new moderator choices, or conducting tribunals for misbehaving members. The representatives will not have moderator powers, however they will be granted similar authority and command, which includes ordering moderators to act on judgements made by the representatives. We hope that this system of peer representation distributes responsibility and a sense of fairness deeper into the community as a whole, and allows more opportunities for people to take part when they have time in the year to do so.

If you're interested in becoming a representative, take time to consider if you'll be able to participate. If things work out well, it will become a permanent fixture in the system.

September the 1st is the start of the quarter, which is when the representatives will take their seats. There are only 4 elective seats, and we will be giving out additional information later. If you wish to run for a seat, declare your interest in the OT, get anybody to second you, that's all you need to be put in the running. You may create a thread in the general section in order to propagate your campaign promises, ideals, and any other information you want to get out there. Title it "yournamehere campaign". We're cutting things a little close, so you have exactly 1 week before we begin voting.

There will be more information on the election process soon.

Pixelopolis Staff
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 04:46:20 am by Peppermint Pig »

Offline Doomraider

• View Profile

Re: Updates: Moderators & Representatives

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 11:15:57 pm
Am I the only one who thinks a freaking government for such a small forum isnt nessecary?

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 11:16:49 pm
this is going to drag out into the real pixelation im sure.
alexander

Offline Doomraider

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 11:21:22 pm
Really, I mean rofl we have 7 mods(maybe more?) at the moment, as if that alone is not enough to handle a forum that has probably less then 10 users active at once? I mean if moderation is a problem then get mods who are active, I know that was a problem in the old pixelation.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 11:43:12 pm
well, if you read peps post you'd know it isn't just about "moderating" the forum, but helping with some of the challenge creation, and any other neat stuff we decide to come up with to keep you from being bored. sheeeze....

- Dog
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Doomraider

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 11:44:20 pm
Exactly why we had a SUGGEST ACTIVITIES thread in the old forum. You know, so not just special people got to pick activities.

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 11:47:48 pm
That's why MY platform is about giving power back to the people. You know what you want!

Got a challenge idea? Hey, PM me!

Offline Doomraider

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 11:48:30 pm
Evan, you already got my vote before this.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 11:48:40 pm
well i missed out on a year, but back a year ago, most of the time it was peppermint, or nem, or some mod that put together the real cool stuff. Hell, i still have the AA challenge stuff I did. I don't see why you're getting angry, don't you want to see a better pixelation? I mean, maybe you're coming from a stance, that there are certain people you would rather not see moderating the forums and coming up with challenges, but honestly I don't think they ( the current moderators ) let someone who is too foolish and childish become a mod. Really DR, don't worry bud, have faith in the current mods, they haven't let us down so far.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Doomraider

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 11:50:04 pm
Dogmeat you've completely changed my views. sorry everyone