AuthorTopic: Updates: Moderators & Representatives  (Read 14246 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Updates: Moderators & Representatives

Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 11:52:17 pm
I think the large number of mods at the moment also has a bit to do with giving respect to the people made mods before pixelation went down.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 11:58:04 pm
The main purpose was to put challenges in the hands of a rotating council so that fresh new ideas were coming forward, but it became clear that it would also be good to have a tribunal system so that you could be judged by your peers. It's a good system that's been thought out and debated on over several months...

I'm posting the rules some time later today or early tomorrow, but they are divided into Rules, and Etiquette. Rules are hardfast strike worthy offenses, and Etiquette will be the domain of the Representatives to determine whether someone's going over the line..

Is it too much to have a government on Pixelation? Right now, yeah, it's a little bit much, but it's meant for the larger community that Pixelation garnered. I'm not claiming this will be better, there is greater potential for good and bad based on which representatives get in, but it sure as hell is more reflective of the people who come here, and I think that's worth encouraging.

Moderators cycle out of the system over time. That's just how things are... representatives dont need powers to make positive changes. I never saw anything good from a lock. Hardly enough time to critique wen you're laboring over problems. If this doesn't work out, then we go back to the simple tested formula, but I've always had more faith in people being able to determine the agenda for themselves.

I think the large number of mods at the moment also has a bit to do with giving respect to the people made mods before pixelation went down.

The moderators that were relatively active have been included in the current lineup. An hour ago I set up a roll call to see who's actually present. If people don't check in, they'll be removed and we'll see about refreshing the ranks if we need to.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 12:06:04 am
Honestly pep, weather the representative system works or not I still would love to help out the community, if you ever want to pm me and let me know if theres anything I can do to help out, please feel free. I especially have a lot of time the next 3 months.

- Dog
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 12:09:25 am
Edited with love! <3

Sincerely,
Chilly
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 12:22:19 am by Chilly »

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 12:11:46 am
Thanks Dogmeat.. I'll PM you with some information... I'm busy looking over the updated rules and talking to the mods... as far as activities, we require funds, and I have some plans... If we have a stable representative system, I would prefer to work through that since I respect people who voice an interest in the community by taking an active role. Either way, we'll go over things.

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 12:57:57 am
Edited with love! <3

Sincerely,
Chilly

Hah, 'twas a joke, but fair 'nuff.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 01:25:07 am
Would the community really want a representative that needs his posts moderated?

:D

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 02:15:01 am
DOGMEAT FOR PRESIDENT! Just friggin vote for him, he's awesome. :)
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 04:17:40 pm
I shall run for Peer mod as well.  You can see my points in my campaign topic.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 12:50:42 pm by BrotherInWar »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline sedgemonkey

• Gimme gimme gimme
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Joint

Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 04:28:13 pm
Peppermint Pig: You crack me up.  You're gonna run the UN someday.    ;D

I think this is a really clever idea -- it just seems like a lot of work managing people and their responsibilities.  How the hell do you keep this ever expanding pixel universe organized?