AuthorTopic: LETS RIDE (Updated)  (Read 2992 times)

Offline VisMaior

• View Profile

LETS RIDE (Updated)

on: December 09, 2010, 08:43:37 pm
HI!

edit: eh? what did i push?

Im having real difficulty wuth the tail. Ill edit in my best attempt then update the image.

Update: thnx a lot mods for the fix of reference pic! Also, added the tail
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:57:59 pm by VisMaior »

Offline Diminished

• View Profile

Re: LETS RIDE (Updated)

Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 05:50:29 am
Hey, what's up? I'm not sure if you're still looking for C&C or not, but I thought I'd comment anyway just in case haha.

First, I think it's a pretty sweet drawing, and looks normal for the most part.

Only thing I noticed right away was that the horse looks pretty fat. It's mostly his belly, but his butt is also a little too round. I messed with it a bit to show you what I mean. I edited him in a weird part of his stride, but that's because I just right-clicked your .gif and copied it and that's what frame it gave me when I pasted it into Paint haha.

I just searched "Horses" on Google images and used some of the first ones that popped up for reference. If you check it out, you'll see how the horses belly tapers a little more as it goes from his front to his hind legs. Also, his butt/thighs are still pretty big and powerful, but not as plump as it looks in your drawing. But, if you were actually going for that funny, cartoony looking kind of horse, then that's cool. If not, just consider my input at least.

That's just what I thought anyway. I just joined and this is my first suggestion to someone, so maybe someone else will have something better to say. I just noticed that your post had 260+ views and that it probably sucks to see no comments. And whatever you do, completely disregard my shading hahaha. I'm terrible at it, but I wanted to give the horse some life.

Offline VisMaior

• View Profile

Re: LETS RIDE (Updated)

Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 08:15:26 pm
Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I am aware of the excess fat on little horsie. Originally I didnt intend it that way, but when i doodled it up, i found it funny, especially as it is intended to carry stick figures on its back, so i went with the fatty look. Your edit is awesome tough :)