AuthorTopic: Is this a good start?  (Read 7148 times)

Offline FRAWG

• Ribbit Ribbit
    • View Profile

Re: Is this a good start?

Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 02:42:35 am
I love the animation for the main character, but I can't stand the jagged lines. I think a little more anti-aliasing could do wonders for it You're using that dark blue-green as a shading color, and I think it could work well for anti-aliasing.

Jeez, I just love watching that animation, it's very nice and smooth!

Offline TPoe

• RoyalePoe
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/20746.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 06:19:58 am
Thanks Frawg, I'll try to do a little better with the anti-aliasing.

Also, does anyone have any links to some animation tutorials, this is really the first thing I've done like this and I'm just curious if there are any good tips or tricks out there.

*Edit

Oh yeah and update

Should I add more pause between when he puts the pump down and when he starts pumping? I kinda like it fast like this, but I don't know whats best.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 07:03:59 am by TPoe »

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 02:13:20 pm
Also, does anyone have any links to some animation tutorials,

Errr, wha?

Your anim already has good sense of timing, anticipation, exaggeration etc, how about you write one yourself instead :P

Should I add more pause between when he puts the pump down and when he starts pumping? I kinda like it fast like this, but I don't know whats best
Depends. If there's something off-screen you want the viewer to look at as well (like the harpoon hitting a big fat alien or something before it gets blown up), then a delay would probably be good. If all the viewer needs to see is the guy firing the harpoon and pumping the box, then it's fine as-is.

Offline WizKid

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 04:26:54 pm
Errr, wha?

Your anim already has good sense of timing, anticipation, exaggeration etc, how about you write one yourself instead :P

Your animation is great, I don't think you need a tut for it.

Offline TPoe

• RoyalePoe
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/20746.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 11:32:25 pm
Haha, thanks you two, ;D but I was just looking for some tricks, to maybe make it go by faster.

But seriously thanks. Made me smile. :)

Anyone know why whenever I try to open up a picture, I can't set the default program to GraphicsGale? It worked just fine when I had the free edition.

*Edit
Yippee.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:22:51 am by TPoe »