AuthorTopic: kof sprite work in progress*Edit as of 4/17/06*  (Read 7799 times)

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: kof sprite work in progress

Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 12:06:10 am
Hehe, cute sprite, pose could use some work though. Mostly her > leg, like others have said, can't bend that extremly. Try shifting the > leg over to the left 3-4pixels or so (the upper most part of the >  leg will probably fit behind the < leg, if you do this) I see the pose you are going for, confused, knee bent inward cute girlie stance, however you will probably need to make her > knee point directly towards te viewer (not off to the left as you have now) the same thing would got for her foot. This should correct the stance, that or I've just been up too long.

instant

Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 12:22:30 am
It looks nice, but there's still no possible way a person's leg could twist like that unless her joints were broken. Adjust the left leg (our right), so that her foot won't point inwards like that. It just doesn't look natural.

Other than that, it's pretty awesome stuff. Good work.

truth is that i actually tried standing like her..it is possible. the only problem is that it is a bit uncomfortablwe looking. i'll see what I can do.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 11:12:00 am
I can sort of stand like that, but i think it looks wrong because the thigh seems a tad too far out from centre and is a bit of an odd shape compared to her other. Her right hand also seems a tad awkward. I'd also take out the sharp shadows in her stomach, and make the area more curved and subtle. Her breasts could also be a bit lower down.

It's a nice sprite so far btw.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 04:33:32 pm
For some reason, she reminds me very much of a Alice from Rage of the Dragons with a mix of Karin from Streetfighter Alpha 3. Both because of looks and that she uses psychic powers like Alice does. Here's what I mean: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/SnakemanEXE/AliceKarin.gif
Then again, KOS is not meant to be a character-design award.

Allright, on with the C&C. Apart from what has been mentioned, her center of gravity is shifted to far to the left. You'll have to move the left leg to compencate or move her upper-body forward. Don't know why she has her hand out like that. I sort of make sense with telekineses and all, but holding it like she does now is a very heavy pose. The way her hand was before looked more like a natural way of defending yourself, it just needed some polish. I know it might be part of the style, but if you are going to add lines that indicate ribs you have to make the ribs bulge out so we see them. That sometimes helps to bring out the breasts a bit as well.

instant

Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 05:45:02 pm
For some reason, she reminds me very much of a Alice from Rage of the Dragons with a mix of Karin from Streetfighter Alpha 3. Both because of looks and that she uses psychic powers like Alice does. Here's what I mean: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/SnakemanEXE/AliceKarin.gif
Then again, KOS is not meant to be a character-design award.

Allright, on with the C&C. Apart from what has been mentioned, her center of gravity is shifted to far to the left. You'll have to move the left leg to compencate or move her upper-body forward. Don't know why she has her hand out like that. I sort of make sense with telekineses and all, but holding it like she does now is a very heavy pose. The way her hand was before looked more like a natural way of defending yourself, it just needed some polish. I know it might be part of the style, but if you are going to add lines that indicate ribs you have to make the ribs bulge out so we see them. That sometimes helps to bring out the breasts a bit as well.

That makes a lot of sense. I think what i need help with most of all is the color  theory of her hands. i couldn't get the first stance correct so I made the hands a bit more simple. I suppose I should've just polished her hand instead of giving up. If anyone could do an edit or something to give me a few ideas , I would really appreciate it.

P.S.

In regards to alice, I seriously didn't think much about her while making this sprite. I just made this girl on a whim to try out a new way of doing things.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 05:46:57 pm by instant »

instant

Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 09:13:51 pm
Ok Here is the Latest re-do of my little sprite. C&c please.

Offline reydragk

• View Profile

Re: kof sprite work in progress*Edit as of 4/17/06*

Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 05:53:38 am
I think adding some shading to add volume to her breasts would greatly increase the look of this sprite...