AuthorTopic: Company logo 2011  (Read 2855 times)

Offline thetooth

• View Profile

Company logo 2011

on: November 28, 2010, 03:57:56 pm

'a' for Ameoto Systems Inc.

what you guys think?

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: Company logo 2011

Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 05:06:28 pm
The form looks pretty good, though I wouldn't have guessed it was an 'a'.

You might wanna provide some more info about the company. What does the company do? What's their mentality? What's the company all about?
The logo obviously needs to relate to the company a lot. It's one of the most important aspects of a logo. Yet right now, I don't know anything about the company, which makes it hard to say anything about this.
Does the logo have more to do with the company than just the first letter of its name?

Offline STE 86

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 07:14:34 pm
ok.

yes it does look like an "a" to me.

the the style suggests its a company associated with "something digital" or "industrial" afterall 45 and 90 degree corners wouldn't suggest anything "natural".

logos these days don't really have to tell you anything about the company, its just a visual brand "sticker" so people speaking different languages can still recognise your brand at a glance. afterall Apple's logo these days doesnt say "computer" to you does it?.

it'll do what it says on the tin. but it will look similar to many other logos used by many other companies. however unless you spend shedloads of money on design and marketing, that will always be the case :)

my only real question is why you are pixelling this logo? hopefully its just a mockup, because if you are doing this for real then you shouldnt be pixelling it at all. logos done for real really must be done with vector drawing software like Illustrator, Freehand or Corel Draw.

pixelling does not allow you to scale the logo controllably, the logo has to be able to be accurately reproduced on a letterhead or blown up and stuck on the side of a building. and only vector based apps can do that.

regards,

Steve

Offline thetooth

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 04:42:27 am
Thanks for the input, and yes i've made a vector outline for print but plan to use the raster version when ever possible. Anti-Aliasing can be evil to logos.
As for the meaning, i did't really want to imply anything with the logo it self, my company is a small software development group with 3 unpaid employees :P so really its like STE said, its just a stamp so people will recognize our products.