AuthorTopic: Looking for some sprite critique...  (Read 19270 times)

Offline StarRaven

• Threadkiller
    • View Profile

Re: Looking for some sprite critique...

Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 04:00:42 am
Well, I'm not going to use that color scheme anyway (well, maybe an alternate costume?) so I guess it doesn't matter too much.
Yes, she has a scar on her torso. Is it readable enough?  :)
What does "P.D." mean? At first I thought you misspelled "P.S." but now you've used it twice...  ???

Started blocking out colors on the run animation. Head's a bit big at the moment, I know, but does all the movement look right?
http://www.omgimages.net/img/617/106578.gifhttp://www.omgimages.net/img/617/106580.gif
Update: Started on some shading and lengthened the arms some... still not sure they look right....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:05:09 am by StarRaven »

Offline ponjanes

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 12:02:01 pm
I guess the walking is preaty good, basically the diference you have made is in the arms, as mens usually extend more their arms and girls stretch them to their bodies. The legs and tail seems ok for me, but the other things still have something that make them look like sketch animation, I guess that is her stomach that bounces like jelly (mmm....  :D  ::)).

P.D.: sorry about the PDs, it's the same thing as P.S. but in spanish...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:07:08 pm by ponjanes »

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 04:05:55 pm
Just a quick thought: if tails are supposed to help balance the creature, shouldn't they try to counteract the hip sway by swishing to the left when the hips are to the right and vice versa?

Offline StarRaven

• Threadkiller
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 02:49:53 am
Just a quick thought: if tails are supposed to help balance the creature, shouldn't they try to counteract the hip sway by swishing to the left when the hips are to the right and vice versa?

In her case, the tail is really more of a cosmetic thing. And I think if it's for balance, it shouldn't be swinging all over the place at all, but I thought it made for a better effect. Just in case, though, I did one with the tail swinging in the opposite direction:
http://www.omgimages.net/img/617/106596.gifhttp://www.omgimages.net/img/617/106601.gif
Which one looks better?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:05:33 am by StarRaven »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 04:13:18 am
Definitely the counterpoint one.

Offline WizKid

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 05:34:22 am

This is starting to look very neat. But i think that her "jugs" should have a "bounce" to them not a big bounce but a small bounce. Because when a female walks they do not stay in one place.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 06:01:29 am
Disagree. The breasts move quite enough imo.

Offline WizKid

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 02:17:58 pm
After further inspection. They do move enough guess you couldn't see it that well? or it was because it was late and i was tired. Ignore my comment before this.

Offline StarRaven

• Threadkiller
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 03:53:58 pm
Er... hmm. Is that the left one or the right one? D:

I think in the original one, it's moving with the hips, with only the tip swinging around, whereas the new one looks like the whole tail is... er... floppy? I'm not entirely sure which one is correct. Either way it needs a bit of cleaning up to make it a little more fluid.

I think I got it this time. Am I heading in the right direction?

Sorry for the bajillions of tiny updates. ^ ^;

Here's something else:

The first and last frames will have to be replaced with idle animations,, and I'd like to have an "untransform" sort of animation rather than just a quick flip back to the beginning, and I'll have to add some more frames and clean up the movement quite a bit, but how is the concept? Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 07:46:20 am by StarRaven »

Offline StarRaven

• Threadkiller
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 10:06:24 pm
Might have to take a break from animations when I'm done here, this has been pretty draining, heh. Maybe I should consider a four-frame walk animation... I don't know if I have the resolve to get through a process like this for every character in the game. ^ ^;