AuthorTopic: Monsters!  (Read 4431 times)

Offline RetroBit

• Game Maker is one of the best tools
    • View Profile
    • www.yoyogames.com

Monsters!

on: November 22, 2010, 06:03:48 pm

Monsters here, saw the ninja character I'm doing?. could do it as an RPG, then you choose, also tell me how to improve
Not having description is a description (?)

Offline Happy Troll

• View Profile

Re: Monsters!

Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:53:51 pm
Try making all your lines 1px thickness to make them less jagged.
The shading looks really wierd on the red thing and it needs more contrast on the bony part.
For the bird, try looking at some reference pictures to get a better idea on how it would look like, and try changing the shading under the green part.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:38:25 am
These really need improving in pretty much every possible way. I don't know what I'm looking at, and I don't know where I'd begin providing critique. You need to learn the foundations of art and frankly pixelart isn't the most expedient medium to learn them in. You need to think about form, about shading, if I were you I dunno that I'd even be working in color now, that's just something else to worry about. What I think would help you improve the most: sketch, sketch, sketch. from life would be ideal.
and I definitely would'nt be spreading myself thin over two threads.

Offline RetroBit

• View Profile
    • www.yoyogames.com

Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 01:03:59 am
Bueno, si alguien sabe una pagina para aprender mejor T_T
Apenas empeze

Still do not know how to give it that color, like your avatar, if you know a website would be good to help me pass

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 05:31:56 am
You are on the right track now, dont expect to look like cure overnight.
The biggest thing holding you back on that last one is the ramp on your line. (Im sure there is a better way of saying that.)

Basically, right now you are jumping around a bunch of random lengths of segments. You want to try and smooth into and out of different lengths.
Here, one of these is worth a thousand words, especially in a language you are having trouble with.

*EDIT* Apparently I have trouble with English too, and I grew up speaking american.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:34:24 am by zez »

Offline ponjanes

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:51:00 am
    Hay algunas cuestiones en la anatomía, fijate que el último bicho que subiste tiene alas que le salen del cuello, y por lo que puedo ver, la única forma que tendrían de aletear es si mantiene en esa posición, ya que no veo ninguna articulación.
    Si el avatar de Cure se ve sumamente avanzado, puede deberse en parte a los gradientes de colores. Fíjate como realiza las líneas: no todo borde conlleva colocar una línea negra de un pixel (algunas veces se puede simplemente colocar un borde con el color de la zona pero más oscuro), y cuando hay línea negra, tiene un pasaje más moderado hacia el color.

Offline RetroBit

• View Profile
    • www.yoyogames.com

Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 05:24:44 pm

I'm Argentine and I speak Spanish, English study
if not better but if it is beginning again, if you know of a website to help me, I will also start using sketches, I work in video games www.yoyogames.com, my username is retrobit
I have to make a game in a new style, RPG, then started with the new style, I'm working on that, the system is not as difficult rpg