AuthorTopic: Official Pixelopolis Off Topic Thread  (Read 49571 times)

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Re: Official Pixelopolis Off Topic Thread

Reply #30 on: August 17, 2005, 08:40:12 pm
If anyone wants to nominate me that would be fine with me, I wouldn't mind doing a little above and beyond for pixelation. I'm a long time member of pixelation, save for my year break where I didn't even want to look at a pixel, but i'm getting back into it, finding my groove and am happy that everything is starting up again. The greatest thing about pixelation is the people, and once the steam starts building up theres no stopping the kettle from screaming some awesome stuff that we can do. IF you nominate me I would make it my top priority to work with Pep on getting some of the old "projects" back up and running, IE: the postcard project, I think if we can finish one of those and have a nice little process to creating something, printing it out and sending it to all our members that would be a great start. Hell, even if you don't nominate me, pep shoot me a message and maybe we can talk about these things? Anyway, thanks for your time.

- Dog
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 08:43:37 pm
I SECOND DOGMEAT!

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: August 17, 2005, 09:12:08 pm
I third Dogmeat. ;D
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: August 17, 2005, 09:37:53 pm
I second...myself.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: August 17, 2005, 09:58:44 pm
I see Dogmeat already has banners, but I made some anyways :)

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #35 on: August 17, 2005, 10:02:46 pm
ha that's great pep! I'll throw those in my campaign thread and people can have a choice, does this mean you support me?
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: August 17, 2005, 10:23:42 pm
Technically, I shouldn't say anything about favoring: I don't want to appear biased :P

I do enjoy making banners though!

Moderators are not able to compete for the seats either... but we have a position called Tenkei-Daijin, and one mod must fill it. There's no system in place for how we pick that person, but Pyro seems interested :)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: August 17, 2005, 10:26:37 pm
Heh, right now supporting anyone is not really an issue, right?  There's four seats availiable and three people running.

Oh yeah, Pep, do we get four votes or just one?

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: August 17, 2005, 10:41:56 pm
I Think people should be able to vote four times.. but the voting system is limited. Let's vote in a tiered fashion. Seat 1, then seat 2, 3 and 4. That will let you pick your first, second, third, and fourth choices if we happen to have more candidates than seats... It takes a bit more time to get the results *need time for people to vote* if everyone's okay with having the voting go a bit faster, say, add a week, and spend half the week per seat...

Err, to clarify... we either...

1. Have a voting thread for each seat. Additionally, we can assume all candidates are running for all seats, unless they specify they dont want to challenge for seat X. In which case, if someone wins multiple seats, they are voided and we pick the runner up.

2. One vote thread at a time, in order of seat ranks.. 1, 2, 3, 4.... (might take longer)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 10:47:12 pm by Peppermint Pig »

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: August 18, 2005, 12:56:35 am
Everyone, please, if you are going to run for a representative seat, post about it here and get support first before you start to campaign. This helps the staff keep track of who's interested in running, despite whether you campaign or not! This is a cakewalk compared to getting on the ballot in a real election!