AuthorTopic: hi out there! - some pixels  (Read 3074 times)

Offline defunct

• View Profile

hi out there! - some pixels

on: April 09, 2006, 03:14:25 pm
Hi
I think I should start posting now ;) I have been lurking on Pixelation about a year (or two?) ago but lost interest in pixelart soon. A few weeks ago I discovered this forum (while looking for pixelation) and started pixeling again...

A fence. It's three 32x32 tiles wide

I tried to do a 16x16 rpg sprite of some kind of fantasy knight. I fear it turned out pretty boring...

A not yet finished cobblestone street. I tried a more interesting palette and i think it worked. But I have problems with the perspective, it looks like seen from directly above in some parts.

While looking through some old drawings i found that pose. I thought it would look pretty cool. The anatomy isn't really right, I hope one of you can give me tips how to improve it, before I start shading it

I think i can learn quite a lot from you guys here :)
PS: If some things I post sound a bit weird it's because English isn't my mother language ;)

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Re: hi out there! - some pixels

Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 02:33:10 pm
Hello defunct!
I see you'v got some good stuff, actually i really like the first and the third .
as for the wip charecter, the face is kinda big and the hand is way too small
the right arm (our left) is very straight.
good luck!

Offline defunct

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 07:46:49 am
Finally an answer ;) I'm glad you like my stuff!
I couldn't wait for one and shaded the sword guy, but I read it after having shaded it half. So I could still change some things. I'm not sure what you mean with the hand being to small. For a fist the size should be right. I can't shade it so that it looks like a hand, nevertheless :D I changed the clothes and the arm. It looks better now, but still not good, i think. I limited myself to 16 (15 + background) colors, but my palette is a mess. It looks a bit odd, but I like it :P

I made that yellow thing around the palette because I was bored *g*
And an animation of the progress, I missed some steps:

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:36 am
Now thats good coloring!
the head is too big for the hands but its ok
good luck!