AuthorTopic: C21 - Online  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

C21 - Online

on: October 29, 2010, 09:55:39 am
I stumbled upon a game called  C21 - Online on Youtube (trailer). It looks like a low poly, robot battle, customization, multiplayer thing.

Now, most of the player made models are just greeble, because it appears that you can combine parts and draw your own skins (and perhaps most players don't care about the aesthetics). However, the enemies in what appears to be single player missions are very nicely designed robotic animals.

Have anyone played this? I'd like to know more about it. It's in Japanese so I'm guessing it's a little hard to play for me.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:12:12 am by Arne »

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Re: C21 - Online

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 05:24:45 am
I managed to install the game and sign up. I can't read anything in the game, and it's a bit of a menu hell, but eventually I found the 'paint store' in the city hub area.

The model is split into head, torso, legs, arms, two weapons, backpack/wings. Each part has its own texture, and a palette consisting of several groups of color ramps (3 colors). It's easy to change color scheme completely (e.g. all blue parts can be changed to red with a single click).

Later in the game, it appears like you can buy tons of parts and combine as you like. The legs can be tracked, wheeled, quad, biped, squid, etc. There are probably many different torsos, arms, heads, backpacks as well. The city area is full of mechs that people have made, and you'll never see the same thing twice.

The mechs come in 3 sizes, S, M, L.

As for the game, there's a city where you do city stuff, a nearby wild area where you can low level grind. There's also a mission building where you can accept missions. I don't understand anything beyond going to the wild area, attacking enemies until they die. You level up and pick up loot (cash or gadgets).

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 05:41:40 am
Well I can see why this would be right up your alley, Arne. It does look pretty cool though, there's simply not enough games with that fresh Virtual-On look.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 07:17:12 am
looks cool but i'll never have time to play it.
Programming 3d must be a blast.
Crossproduct of 2 vectors = a normal of both!
But I'm not awesome enough to do something with that yet.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:21:17 am by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 11:05:09 am
I took some screenshots. Unfortunately the font won't render properly, and there's some kinda graphical bug over the interface. And it bluescreens sometimes.

It's free to play, but you need to buy certain things with real money.

Busy main/starting town. I think the yellow text is people advertising their goods.

Love these scorpions. They have 2+2 cannons as a neck.

Mecha tree!

You can have several 'Robo's (or Lobo as Google translate likes to call them) and switch between them.

EDIT 1: More screens

EDIT 2: Made a C21 info page in English
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:16:41 pm by Arne »