AuthorTopic: Dumping my old stuff  (Read 5987 times)

Offline Andrio

• View Profile

Dumping my old stuff

on: November 01, 2010, 01:21:39 pm
Hey, I'm Andrio. I'm 14. I found this site from Notch's blog.
Recently I lost a lot of recent stuff I've created, which has put me off from putting effort into anything. It was really disappointing.
So I can only show you some of my older stuff. A lot of it is very sloppily done. Sorry!

A creeper from Minecraft. Probably the only thing I've done since I lost a lot of my stuff.

Last thing I did before I lost it. Luckily I had it uploaded somewhere else. I liked this one.

Mockup of a game that never got anywhere. Sent this to him without ever getting a reply.

sneaksneaksneak

Cave-Story-inspired game mockup (made this before the one above)

Minimal cityscape

twitter | sup pixelation!

Offline Fake_Kraid

• View Profile

Re: Dumping my old stuff

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:06:37 pm
Losing a bunch of finished work that you liked is always gonna feel such. But you just gotta look at the big picture in a confident, almost cocky way.

"I'm 14, I was going to create WAY better stuff than that stuff I lost anyway so who cares? You could delete 90% of the stuff I create over the course of my life and I'd still make more great stuff than most people, I'm just that good and I have a ton of ideas and talent to share."

That always makes me feel better.

Offline Ninja Crow

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:12:02 pm
You are very very talented!

I can't believe how much personality you have in these pictures -- very impressive.

I have seen countless attempts at character animations by those just starting out with pixels, and most require a lot of work, but your box sneak animation is basically perfect.

Your two mock-ups would easily catch my eye, even on the most busy of 'real' gaming sites.  You have definitely infused them with a sense of unique style, and implicit story (I wanna know what happens next in the first one!).

Losing data can be devastating -- I don't back-up every single day to a thumb-drive just because it's a good idea, but because of unfortunate experiences.  I like Fake_Kraid's advice, which I think you can apply because you are justified in some cockiness, due to your talent.

So, anyway, if you would like some encouragement to help salve the hurt and replace the loss, then I would say please keep going -- if you are already this good then by time you get to be an ol' codger like me you have a good chance at being one of the brightest stars in the firmament.

Good luck, Andrio, and a hearty welcome to Pixelation!

Offline Andrio

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 05:27:43 am
You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm in such a good mood :D

He can run now!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:07:34 pm by Andrio »

Offline Clovvach

• Clovvach is awesome
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:51 pm
Yah I think that the Pixel art looks pretty sweet. The only thing I would improve are the palettes, but that's just me being picky.  :P
- Clovvach

Offline Andrio

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 01:26:35 pm

Trying to get the hang of things again. Will fix sloppy shading + maybe add a bit more detail.

Inspiration: http://www.milkcrate.com.au/Derris-Kharlan/WIP/The%20Sheriff.mp3

Offline Sintua

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 02:03:44 pm
I'm actually really impressed with both of your landscapes. They are quite lovely!

Offline Andrio

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 01:13:02 pm

Fixed up my sheriff.

Offline Ninja Crow

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 10:40:48 pm
Looks a lot more like a moustache now -- great character, too.  Varmints, beware!