AuthorTopic: [WIP] Tree  (Read 4466 times)

Offline Stava

• View Profile

[WIP] Tree

on: October 18, 2010, 10:20:23 am
I'm new to the forums, I've been pixeling for like 2 years so far.I'm turning 20 in december.
So I'm unsure if I'm doing this right but don't ban me if I did something wrong..

Okay now the problem I have is this tree.. I'm really bad at pixeling trees, made only like 2 trees before.
I'm making this one for Days Of Destiny a 2D future based perspective MMORPG project.

This is the grass it should fit :
This is the reference tree :
And this is what I have so far :
I know the tree I have so far is really bad!!
If you can, please edit the picture rather than explaining my mistake since english isn't my 1st language so I'll have problems understanding sometimes.

>Unsure if I am allowed to post this< if someone wants to help with the project more join http://jmmo.codeandcoke.com/forum.php

Offline Keand64

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Tree

Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 01:14:58 am
The tree you've drawn looks like its in a different perspective than the reference and your grass: the former looks like its being looked at from the side, the latter like their being looked down at from above.
OH MY GOD ITS AIRMAN!!

Offline Stava

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 07:48:30 am
The tree you've drawn looks like its in a different perspective than the reference and your grass: the former looks like its being looked at from the side, the latter like their being looked down at from above.

I really need a lot of work on my trees, I'm trying to make it way better then my skills allow me. I guess I should just practice from something easier.. However, I really need this tree done for the project, so if anyone feels like helping, I'd appreciate it.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 01:03:35 pm
Your problem is, you dont analyse the area...the pixeling isnt half bad... but you just start right away and try aimlessly to get to an result that is close to the reference...but then you dont see why it doesnt turn out to be like that...

Work with basic shapes...and then onwards to the result...model your pixelart...
Think of it as a 3D object...

Trees are hard to do, in 2D.5 IMO

Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline Stava

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 06:24:37 pm
Thanks a lot Elk. This really does help me.
I also have problem with the shading trees, the leaves never seem to be shaded well, also outline colors need to be changed right? Well I am really bad at that too.
Or I just shouldn't bother making the leaves so detailed..

Eh this tree will take awhile, since I'm starting to work on a new sprite.
I'm gonna redo all the graphics we have so far :/
Since I always self taught, and now that I joined a pixel art community I found couple topics that really helped me.
I noticed some mistakes on my old work, and I notice to make the game look better I need redoing!

If anyone wants to help join http://jmmo.codeandcoke.com/forum.php
(Theres more sections, you just gotta post a application and wait to get accepted)

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:39:24 pm
Or I just shouldn't bother making the leaves so detailed..

Exactly. Just care for composition, think of wether it looks right or not... if it looks wrong, try to apply changes that make it look more correct...
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299