AuthorTopic: Super Mega Mexican Cyclop Wrestler 2D  (Read 6914 times)

Offline Porque

• View Profile

Super Mega Mexican Cyclop Wrestler 2D

on: October 12, 2010, 09:32:30 am
Hey all, It's been a while since ive made pixelart.. Don't know why really, just didn't have the inspiration or something... But, today I ''finished'' this piece;

Out of boredom I just started doodling around and drew a mexican wrestler with 1 eye. I would love to show the sketch but meh, no scanner here >_>

I wasn't to happy about the colors so I played a little in photoshop with Color Balance,

The first two look nice to me , last one is way to red tho ( posted it anyway :P )
Personaly liking the second one the most.

Anyway, I would like to have some feedback, I am having a hard time shading the right arm ( left for us ), also the area below hes waist is a pain.

Thanks,

Porque :y:

Latest version:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:49:38 pm by Porque »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Super Mega Mexican Cyclop Wrestler 2D

Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 05:06:08 am
I feel that the middle guy is going to get the most millage, in terms of colors.

This is my take on lighting the muscles on the arm:

Keep in mind that I'm no muscle expert :P A bigger problem I found though,  is that his left arm (on our right) is shaded differently than the whole rest of the picture.  You maybe got too obsessed by the muscles themselves! :P

Very neat concept! Do a whole ring of fighters!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:42:34 am
I personally preferred the third wrestler's palette, skin tones seemed more natural and more mexican, and the red highlight wasn't so saturated. the middle one has the best contrast though. mainly it's just that the skin tone in the middle one seems too yellow.

Offline Porque

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 08:50:12 am
I feel that the middle guy is going to get the most millage, in terms of colors.

This is my take on lighting the muscles on the arm:

Keep in mind that I'm no muscle expert :P A bigger problem I found though,  is that his left arm (on our right) is shaded differently than the whole rest of the picture.  You maybe got too obsessed by the muscles themselves! :P

Very neat concept! Do a whole ring of fighters!

thanks for the edit, I will fix him up when I get home. Yea i think i got a bit ''obsessed'' with the muscles, the idea was to gives him mega-muscles except on the belly to feet area :P
I think i might do a whole ring indeed, mexican fighters rule :P

I personally preferred the third wrestler's palette, skin tones seemed more natural and more mexican, and the red highlight wasn't so saturated. the middle one has the best contrast though. mainly it's just that the skin tone in the middle one seems too yellow.

Thanks cure, I think i will mix the 2 palletes in some way, trying to keep the contrast and trying to get a more natural and mexican skin tone. I will try to achiev this once I get home :D

Offline Porque

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 10:28:08 pm
Ive have made an small update, didn't spend allot of time on current wrestler, just (thanks to Rydin's edit) fixed the shading a bit ( i might play around with the pallete )
But! I tried come up with some new wrestlers, first thing that came to mind was some Spiderman like guy, very swift en jumpy type.

And yea the last 1, is a retarded cyclop wrestler. (retarded because he is a cyclops with 2 eyes..  ._.)
He is based of monkeys and cavemen... :P not sure if i will keep him like this, he is really , really retarded...

I am still not statisfied with the shading of the first wrestler tho, it still bugs me a bit. I want to somehow show more muscle in the arms but i don't want to use more colors : /

Anyway, any suggestions on how I can change the shading? Maybe suggestions for new wrestlers?

EDIT;

I have finished the other wrestler aswell, and I think I found a proper skin tone for the fighters. I also added 2 new wrestler ''ideas''
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:21:06 pm by Porque »

Offline NickZA

• View Profile
    • Handcrafted Games

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 09:39:34 am
Your jumpy guy is awesome, he looks like such an annoying GIT!

Offline Stava

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 07:30:57 pm
Uh my attempt with Tylers anatomy help.

ah, while posting noticed some other details too so I'll add this last edit

Offline Porque

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 07:49:12 pm
Uh my attempt with Tylers anatomy help.

ah, while posting noticed some other details too so I'll add this last edit

Thanks for the edit, the only thing i dislike is his right shoulder (left for us :D) Somehow it attracts my eye to much. it feel more like a hump then a shoulder.

I made a minor update (i made it before looking at your edit :) ) I tried improve the shading on the arm a bit more, trying to make it more muscular.