AuthorTopic: I Got Newa stuff!  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Silver

• View Profile

I Got Newa stuff!

on: April 06, 2006, 03:19:10 pm
Hello Everyone.
It's been a while since my last pixels so I'm tryin to get my self into pixel art again
Some of these are quite old

This is actually for the kos2006 My old one wasn't so good.

This was a gift for some birthday

Never made game :(

Random stuff ..

That’s all folks!
Hope you like e'm and give me your opinions.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: I Got Newa stuff!

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:43:11 pm
 They are wonderful pixels, Silver. Most, if all are 16 colors I think. The color selection is good. Something I'd say you should add or change is get small shading areas to get more details. Resizing it down 50% will help.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:13:50 pm
You look like you could benefit from trying out some new position and poses. I see 3 with the same arm's crossed, "I'm a badass" look. It would also help to look at anatomical references and practice with that. The lgihtsource is pretty inconsistent in several of these as well(the hair and face of the second one for example).

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:58:17 am
Andy, I'm glad you like em man :)
About the shading, my shading isn't good at all, i well study some shadings lessions and practise them in the next piece.
resizing the image would work fine too :)

crab2selout,welcome and thanks for the C+c, The cross hand poses in the last one is blackeye line-art blame him for this :P
Ill study some anatomical references, and the light soure I think it's a part of the anatomical studies (you shade what you know)thing
thanks for the usful tips man!  :)

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 04:52:01 pm
 NP, what I meant by the resizing thing is so your pixels don't have a balloon shading into it. When it has like a balloon shading, it looks hi-res like those forum style sprites. Most of the pro video games use small shading areas for their art. You should do that.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:17:53 pm
i like your use of colors, but i think you need to bring your anatomy up to the level of your color usage. some things arent contrasted enough for my liking, but none too bad.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 02:26:01 am
hey Silver, you got some nice stuff going on here. I'm really liking your colours, specially on the KOS guy and the pink cowboy.
I'd second the anatomy comments though. You seem to have a pretty good basic grasp of how the body's put together, but there are some things that could use some tweaking (what sreally ticks out for me is the flat look of the KOS guy's pecs).
Very nice pixels. Keep 'em coming ;)

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 08:37:55 am
andy: Oh i got what you mean, using the low res type of shading like in the small vg sprites!
Thanks and I well do that  :)

Ryumaru: thanks for the nice words about the colors, and I just bought a new book about anatomy which got a lot of refrences picture that well help me improve these skills!

Tremulant: thanks man for the nice words .
Ill work on improving these anatomy skills at my best!
and i'm so glad that you like e'm.