AuthorTopic: Lurch  (Read 9061 times)

Offline meagz

• View Profile
    • iamnotadoll

Re: Lurch

Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 11:24:54 pm
the french bitche looks totally out of place compared to the other two - i thought you were going to continue using the rectangle shape? the colours are also really similar and lack contrast.

i love the other two though. 'he's a monkey, but he's not too thrilled about it'. haha. please tell me you're going to write little biographies for each of them when you're done! lurch looks pretty unhappy too. are you going to continue the theme of unhappy characters?

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 04:36:14 am
Before and After

-made her more 'boxy' like the previous two
-addressed contrast issue...better?
-jokingly added le cigarette as it makes sense that le french would le smoke le cigarette.
-there will be story. they are for a game!
-well unhappy wasn't intentional but I can see why you say that. I don't know.  Lurch was supposed to look determined.  Monkey Soot is supposed to look disinterested.  Le French Bitché is supposed to look seductive, illegal, and kinky...perhaps even old.  Did I pull that off?
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline what

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 07:07:58 pm
this new ones not really working for me.  :(
i dig the concept, but she is very non squarish. She looks weird in comparison to the other, and her forehead is very large. A few slight changes would make her look a lot better.
These gonna be animated?  :D

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 03:30:45 pm
Le Car

I wanted to make Le French Bitché a car.
Used this (http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2609/carref.png) for a reference, and traced a bit to get the general base outline. (Oh no, so naughtyyyyy  >:D)  But the shading and lighting, cleaning and rendering is all my own.

I hate how the hubcaps came out, but the rest reminds me of Street Rod, so it makes me happy.  (those unfamiliar with Street Rod can see some cars here http://larsenweb.net/oldcranfieldsite/50s.gif and here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/vegasvento/capture1.jpg) Another thing I hope that I nailed is the proportion to the characters.  How did I do?

@what:
you no like her? :( What few changes do you suggest and why? More square and smaller forehead?

Edit:
Already found a mondo mistake on the running board and fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:51:58 pm by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline what

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 06:57:57 pm
Dont get me wrong. i wasnt trying to be overly harsh
Now after looking at her for more time, she looks better. My problem is the forehead, cuz i find it very distracting. 

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 06:28:48 pm
Dont get me wrong. i wasnt trying to be overly harsh
Oh no no no, I was just confused about which slight changes you were suggesting.  Sorry if I came off as aggravated or something!  :(

French Girl

-lowered the hair (to eliminate the profound forehead)
-also realized that it is washed out compared to original.  (I have to keep an eye on how I save in Photoshop...)

I'm starting on the level objects now, so I don't know how many more characters I'm going to design at this time.  Making characters like this is very fun though, and I see myself doing it sometime in the future.
But out of interest of time, I -have- to work on level items and obstacles.

Pumpkin

-will be smashed in-game

Let me know how you feel!

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 12:45:00 pm

I made an edit, tried to make her look more feminine.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 04:21:46 pm
I like what you did with the nose, bengoshia!
A critique about your edit if you don't mind: the dark pink isn't working as aa.  It's actually doing the opposite and making the edge of the face more jagged.

Here's the latest:

-still messing with colors.  I'm going to do a finalizing process after every image is done.
-girls are hard to nail... but it will be totally worth it  8)