AuthorTopic: Iso Collaboration III: Return of the Grid (Completed!)  (Read 379319 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: Iso Collaboration III: Return of the Grid

Reply #340 on: June 27, 2006, 09:19:01 am
Here's another set of tiles for ya.

Finally we have an explanation for where all that water is comming from :P
Had to do a tiny edit to Adam's tile. The tank's shadow was meant to stop where my tile began, I just turned turned it slightly so it wouldn't just stop there and leave shadows for a wall that I have removed. Nothing else was touched whatsoever.

Don't know if I've mentioned this, but I've been thinking about the idea of making this in to a little game. You could walk around as a gnome and explore the "island", doing errands or the likes. You would travel to the different areas via the doors we've put in, and navigate through the corridors inside to get to a new ledge. The corridors would be simple and most likely be filled with monsters of some sort to make it feel a bit more like a game. Once you've found everything, you get to see who made what.

Checking the topic, there's a lot of different ideas on what to do with this once we're finished. I'll see how it all goes first. I could probably take care of my idea by myself if no one's interested (or just forget about it if that's the case. )

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #341 on: June 27, 2006, 11:41:24 am
Brilliant snake, brilliant. (I don't often usee this Harry Potter-word, but in this case it covers my appreciation completely!)
I can't believe how your tiles are actually bringing unification in this -collaboration-. You're a genius.

As for the projects around this collab, I've thought of a small website that would contain the media (all the wips/steps, the final, the wallpapers) and an explanation or background information for each tile (this would be harder as it requires all the pixelers to write something..) you could imagine it like a tour/guide through the piece and indeed, as you said, we could make spin-offs/games/animated movies etcetera. :D

But let's just start by finishing it!
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #342 on: June 27, 2006, 01:46:27 pm
That's awesome snake. I also love the idea of being able to explore it, there's alot going on and i'm sure it would be interesting for non-pixellers aswel. Oh yeah, and i'm sorta confused to what's in the tank... looks like it could be a giant gnome or some mutated fish.

Anyone mind if i wrap up 10? Not sure who's doing 6, so i may ruin the connection...

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #343 on: June 27, 2006, 04:26:21 pm
That is indeed awesome, snake.  That block has been waiting to be finished for quite some time now.  Ideas of what to do with this are welcome and can be tossed around and discussed, but will obviously not be able to be acted upon until the collaboration is finished.  Snake, your idea of a little game sounds fun, and it appears that the little guy could walk almost anywhere on the island as it stands now.  If there's interest, further collaboration could be incited to create little games or errands or whatever.  Some ideas that come quickly to mind are the maze, collect mushrooms, take pictures of trolls, fight the sand demons, and so on.

@Larwick: Go ahead and do 10.  I seem to recall that Sol has 4,6,7, so you can PM him if you want to make sure your tiles will mesh.  Or you can just do the tile and let him cope with it.

There is only one tile left unclaimed!  (although a few more may clear up in the next day or two since people are not responding to PMs)  If you want a spot in this, reserve your tile soon!

[EDIT]100th post.  Yay.[/EDIT]
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Perciv@l

• View Profile
    • www.prr-art.com

Reply #344 on: June 28, 2006, 09:52:08 pm
I give up of my tiles (57, 68, 84)  :-\
If someone whants to continue what I started feel free to finish it.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #345 on: June 29, 2006, 07:08:31 am
Ewwwww, don't drink the water.  ;D I love it. Whoever has #29 should explain the filtration process even more. Maybe link the mud recycling to the giant elf water processing.

- Adam

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #346 on: June 29, 2006, 02:40:18 pm
What IS in the tank? I've been staring at it for a while and my mind cannot make sense of it.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #347 on: June 29, 2006, 06:01:30 pm
Ewwwww, don't drink the water. ;D I love it. Whoever has #29 should explain the filtration process even more. Maybe link the mud recycling to the giant elf water processing.

- Adam

Ah, you understood the link between the tank and the mud-filterer. Wasn't sure anyone would see that connection. tile 29, 51 and 52 could probably be used to illustrate it further I guess.

OK. It seemes a lot of people are confused about what's in the tank. Personally, at first I thought it was a giant fish until I noticed the second eye and the tongue. So, just to cleat it all up, I made this comparison:

He's a Giant gnome (... somehow, that sounds very strange... ) Notice that he's got the same colours as the one and only green and yellow gnome. I was just guessing what he'd look like and tried to mimic the style. I wouldn't make characters like this normally O_o

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #348 on: June 29, 2006, 08:41:50 pm
You know what? It would make so much more sense if you made both eyes the same. I looked at it and didn't even see the second smaller eye because it was so different. The hat and tongue threw me off as well.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #349 on: June 29, 2006, 11:52:41 pm
il take 49, 57, 68 if i am aloud to take any more.  (i found doing this the first time was very fun)

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!