AuthorTopic: Iso Collaboration III: Return of the Grid (Completed!)  (Read 377021 times)

Offline Q.K.

• @qkjosh
    • View Profile

Re: Iso Collaboration III: Return of the Grid

Reply #130 on: April 14, 2006, 08:52:46 pm
haha, I like that tile Neverest, it keeps the same dithered look as the tiles next to it. Can't wait to see all those grey boxes filled in. Let's go people!

On a side-note, I think the blimp looks a bit out of place, both in subject matter and in style, but it's alright. It'll be interesting to see what the people doing 4,6,7,10,11,24,27 and 28 do with it.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #131 on: April 14, 2006, 10:46:39 pm
*smiles in delight* It's coming together awesomely. Just like to point out that the flames billowing from the blimp look more like foamy fungus growths of some sort. Having them as such might work, apart from the fact of the falling gnome.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #132 on: April 14, 2006, 11:01:25 pm
I think that the hindenburg could be joined with some of those robed figures making a vortex and having the zeppelin come out of the said vortex.  They just seem mage-y.  Just my 2 cents.  I would add a pic but Im away from mr compy till sunday.
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #133 on: April 15, 2006, 02:51:59 am
I'll take 83 after Faktablad finishes 95.

Offline 8bitty

• poop
    • View Profile

Reply #134 on: April 15, 2006, 10:00:32 am

woo that was fun
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 10:09:56 am by 8bitty »

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #135 on: April 15, 2006, 02:21:40 pm
Finished my next tile:

I also did a slight edit to the gnome-waterfall tile (number 109) so it would merge better with the bricks on the tile above. Hope you don't mind. Didn't want to go further than that. I also grayed out number 83 for Xion Night. (I wanted that one  :-[ )

I'm reserving 48 for myself. Might as well finish what I started.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 03:12:25 pm by snake »

Offline 8bitty

• poop
    • View Profile

Reply #136 on: April 15, 2006, 02:36:45 pm
Wow, i love how your ones turned out, snake. totally kickass ( '-')b

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #137 on: April 15, 2006, 03:05:27 pm
[personal opinion] when people do things like take sections that dont follow the rules and edit other people's tiles, its not only unfair, but it begins to take away from the whole feel of the project.  I think im correct in saying that the point of not allowing people to take large spaces is so that people wouldnt do rediculously large things like that blimp there, or at least that more than one artist would have had a hand in making it, adding to the collab feel of things rathre than one participant sticking in a huge thing like that.[/personal opinion]  Also, the way your blimp is drawn, it would need to have backed into the wall, which makes no sense, or be coming out of the wall, which makes even less sense.  I know that the blimp at least has already been ok'd, so what i think of it doesnt matter, but thats my two bits. 

oh, and somebody screwed with the colors again ...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 03:09:30 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #138 on: April 15, 2006, 03:50:35 pm
I pretty much agree with you there. Thing is though, the tiles have already been made. Either we remove the whole thing or everyone does some serious editing, in witch would be going against the second view. Of course, we could just reset the tiles that couldn't be reserved. But then, the picture wouldn't really make sense.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #139 on: April 15, 2006, 04:12:37 pm
Well, there have only been two chunks that did not follow the rules so far: someone (I forget who) did 15-17, which is not really a problem, considering they could have done 17, then immediately reserved 15 and done it, since nobody else has drawn stuff up there.  The other one is the blimp.  If people realy thing the blimp is that much of a problem, we can take it out and have Nix either do the blimp bit by bit, like others have done (see snake's tree over on the right side for an example) or have that area redone.  I don't think it's too much of a problem, since even if he had reserved one tile at a time and drawn the blimp in (which would have been a bit weird...), nobody else probably would have reserved any of the concerned tiles.  So if people in general want it removed, that can be done, but if there are no overwhelming opinions to get rid of it, then it should stay.

Yeah, so enough rambling.

I really like the tiles that are coming in; keep it up!
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.