AuthorTopic: Iso Collaboration III: Return of the Grid (Completed!)  (Read 379011 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: Iso Collaboration III: Return of the Grid

Reply #60 on: April 10, 2006, 09:42:57 pm
If possible, could I call 48, 56, 66 and 80? Got me some big plans for this sucker. To bad crab2selout took 55 :( Should have seen this earlear...

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: April 10, 2006, 10:10:03 pm
sorry, thats not a legal group, groups must come as all 1 color, with every face sharing at least 1 edge
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #62 on: April 10, 2006, 10:57:01 pm
I really thought it wouldnt be a big deal :-\
and the reason I changed the sprite in Xion Night's tile was just because its obvious its the same character as the one in my first tile, but there were just things like, he had a full head of hair in his tile and had no earings

sorry, i really didnt think it would be a big deal and you guys can change them back if you really want to.
and Im loving the lizard and the gnomes in the boat
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 11:04:07 pm by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #63 on: April 10, 2006, 11:03:37 pm
Finished my tile, edited my post above. Got a couple crits for some of the tiles so far

Tile#15: I find the dithered highlight doesn't work here. The highlights on 16 & 17 suggests a more reflective and smooth surface, which makes your dithered highlights and the darker shades(to a lesser degree) feel out of place. I think you can have dithered highlights on your tile, but you need to create a transition to show that you're going from wetter, smoother to dryer, grittier ground.

T#16-17, I think there are better ways to suggest texture then the specs of dirt you have(the 1x2 pixels with a light pixel on top and a dark pixel on bottom). In another thread Dhaos pointed out to me that you don't need to have to use every space on a tile. Using these dirt specs in a less unifrom manner and by concentrating it in certain areas could have a more pleasing effect.

T#53-54:Looks good, but the iguana-lizard creature doesn't quite have the optical illusion of bending around the corner. I think it's partly becuase of how you use your highlight, and I think the lines are playing a part in this, too. For the highlights, removing them on the darker side(look at the collumns) would help a lot, and as for the lines, try looking at your rock the lizard sits on and compare them to your lizard. Probably a good thing to do is make a guiding line that shows how your rock bends.

The collab is looking realy good, so far. TakaM, as I said above, you really got this off to a wonderful start. Adarias, your lush vegetation is beautiful. I was a little curious, when I saw you pop in, how you would make do without access to all sorts of crazy colour combos. I am very pleased with the results, you've got some pretty solid skills with that 1x1 brush. I must get going now, so sorry to anyone else I didn't mention.

One thing, I'd like to take #13. I got a nice idea for it while C&Cing #15
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 11:29:04 pm by crab2selout.png »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #64 on: April 10, 2006, 11:36:43 pm
I really thought it wouldnt be a big deal :-\
and the reason I changed the sprite in Xion Night's tile was just because its obvious its the same character as the one in my first tile, but there were just things like, he had a full head of hair in his tile and had no earings
Actually, it wasn't the same character. Just another person of the same...tribe, maybe? Really, it would be kinda dumb to have the same guy in two places at once, and I'm a bit offended, but since you weren't really meaning to cause any harm, I guess it's alright...Though I would like you to keep my original tiles in the collab.

It's all good, man.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #65 on: April 10, 2006, 11:43:19 pm
oh, like monks or something, sorry man, i shouldve just left it :-[

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: April 11, 2006, 12:29:08 am
Can someone confirm the lightsource for me. As I started looking around the picture more, I've become very confused.
Is this correct?

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #67 on: April 11, 2006, 07:31:22 am
Yes, look at Adarias's pilars and stairs.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #68 on: April 11, 2006, 08:11:57 am
well, when i made my first tile i was trying to keep the lightsource already established on the blocks

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: April 11, 2006, 10:31:28 am
74 and 86 Reserved for me forget 89, 90 and 102 and 103