AuthorTopic: D-Pixel (my paint program)  (Read 50083 times)

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Re: D-Pixel (my paint program)

Reply #50 on: February 05, 2011, 06:40:09 pm
Opps! Seems like the 'tiny' font doesn't work in the latest version. That will be fixed for the next release..  ;)

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:14 am
v 0.60 – 13th March 2011
Polish, bug fixes and usability update

+ Refined visual style for gui panels
+ Added nice fade in/out of new and old panels to add a bit more polish
+ Fixed error where key presses weren’t being cleared before the start of using the text tool (resulting in old key presses being drawn)
+ Fixed error where first small font didn’t work!
+ Fixed bug where colours in a 32 bit PNG file didn’t get converted properly, resulting in a black palette
+ Fixed bug where changing palette colours and then switching to another image meant the palette changes were lost
+ Added image select strip to the left of the palette for quick selection of workspace images. Layers selection and manipulation will go in a new vertical panel to the right of the canvas
+ Fixed bug where brush manipulation tools (flip, rotate, double, halve, etc..) didn’t work if the brush had not been grabbed that session and was saved from a previous session
+ Made all brush manipulation tools go into drawing mood once activated instead of staying in cut/copy modes
+ Added x5 zoom between x4 and x6 when using mouse wheel for a bit more precision when using low zooms
+ Added independent positioning and zooming values for each image (saved to workspace files as well) which makes it much easier to work with multiple images

Offline klmv

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 06:18:34 pm
Awesome tool, but gui makes me cry. Are you going to rework it a bit?
Sorry for bad English.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 10:21:18 pm
The problem with that is everyone would want something different.

What do you suggest?

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 01:43:05 pm
How about you allow for people to make their own GUIs?
On a spritesheet etc.
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 05:50:18 pm
Do you mean like a mockup?

Letting people do their actual own GUI placements would be a lot of work, and would anyone really be bothered to do it..?

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 10:12:37 pm
I don't want to be too negative, but my experience of doing projects where they are customisable is that no-one bothers using that functionality. ;)

Offline yrizoud

• View Profile

Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 11:06:27 pm
I don't think they meant for total layout customizability, because it means you need to implement the Forms designer of Visual Studio, and the user has to learn how to use it.
Your program already has the GUI graphics as plain image format (IIRC, from older version), so there's already a lot of fun that can be had, little annoyances that can be cured ("I don't like the bucket fill, I change it"), experiments to try and show.

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 09:11:38 am
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant.
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: March 25, 2011, 05:51:43 pm
I finally got back to using D-Pixel (I use it for casual pixel art), but I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to use the eye dropper tool.  I couldn't find it anywhere in the GUI, and I needed to look in the settings file to learn that the shortcut is TAB.

I'm not sure why I didn't have this problem before (I think it's because I was able to find the eye dropper tool).  I think the program may benefit from help dialogs in the future.

I also encountered a bug where the pixel was way offset from the Windows mouse.  I haven't been able to reproduce this and I can simply close the program and re-open to fix it.  EDIT: I keep getting this bug simply from drawing on the canvas normally, but I still haven't figured out the exact trigger.

Other than that, I'm enjoying how the program has turned out.  It's been relatively bug free for me so far.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:38:51 pm by KittenMaster »