AuthorTopic: D-Pixel (my paint program)  (Read 50416 times)

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Re: D-Pixel (my paint program)

Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 03:23:58 pm
Ah, alright then.  That sounds good.

I found a bug.  Sometimes when I save my work by clicking "Save", the program will crash.  This doesn't happen if I use "Save As".

I'm pretty sure the crash happens before the actual saving process, because I have lost progress when working on a sprite.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 05:28:35 pm
Ouch! That's a nasty one, I'll make the program save the workspace before saving an image incase the save goes wrong.

Do you have any more details on the image? Were you saving as a BMP, was it the first time saving, etc?

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 06:32:38 pm
I was saving as .bmp, and it was 32x32 in size.  It was 256 colors as far as I know.

Most of the time, it usually doesn't happen on the first click, but I'm pretty sure it happened once on the first click once anyway.  It's usually on the 2nd or 3rd click that it happens.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 06:53:14 pm
I will test and see if I can duplicate..

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 10:13:36 am
The thing that bothers me is no hotkeys for the tools I use. :\
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 05:17:08 pm
There are some hotkeys in there, but there does need to be more. I want to try to add more functionality first though like multiple images, layers, etc..

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 07:31:32 pm
I think I found another bug.  When I made a custom brush by selecting a 2x1 widepixel to use, changing the grid settings (turning on "Snap to Grid", and making the grid size 2x1) ends up changing the size of the brush, and I have to go into copy/paste settings to fix it.

Then it goes and randomly changes sizes after awhile.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 07:39:55 pm
Hmm.. Something else to look at! In the meantime, if you right click on the brush preset icons you will see that it switches to an alternate set. The one on the far left (next to the user-brush) is a special brush that only draws to a grid square. So if you set the grid to 2 x 1 then you could draw using this brush (even if the grid is not on).

Thank you for keeping trying D-Pixel out while it's still in development!! :)

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 07:42:37 pm
Ah, that sounds like a very helpful feature!  Thanks for pointing it out, I'll definitely try it out once I get the chance.

EDIT: Found another bug, don't know if it's known.  I was selecting a part of my image and dragged the selection far enough that the mouse touches the menu buttons.  This makes the program lock up for some reason, and doesn't happen if I touch the color palette.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:01:44 pm by KittenMaster »

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 07:54:16 pm
There are some hotkeys in there, but there does need to be more. I want to try to add more functionality first though like multiple images, layers, etc..

That's fine as long as they will be there.  ;D Now, I would be able to use your app more if you implement animation soon. Looking forwards to your updates. Thanks again for a killer app-in-progress.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space