AuthorTopic: unsplit fighter o_O  (Read 2846 times)

yosh64

unsplit fighter o_O

on: April 07, 2006, 11:28:55 am
hey

Still at http://www.imageshack.us :-\.

Well thought I'd just post my current progress for fun ;). Well I didn't really spend enough time on the design again :-\. But nevermind... obviously his pants totally suck and are a bit off perspective, would be alkward for him to fight twisted so much, just looks odd. So I will be completly redoing his pants. I think I will make him green karatee pants, and use the saved colors for accessories or whatever. So yea, just ignore and laugh at the pants for now. :D

cyas

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: unsplit fighter o_O

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 06:26:49 pm
 The sprite looks very awesome. Kinda like Final Fight looking. One of the things that lacks in this sprite is the hue variation of the shades. Make the highlight yellowish peach.

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 02:52:14 pm
In full and unconditional agreement about the lack of variation in the hues

Also, your last few fighter sprite posts haven't shown a whole lot of improvement and all have the same issues with color and anatomy that need to be addressed; if you're making these for practice I suggest taking a little more study and work time in between posts (I looked and realize that some of the c+c you've been getting is a little lacking in anatomical pointers but there are plenty of other resources available)
typing ewith fdace

yosh64

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 03:20:13 pm
hey

Well the color does suck, well It's just that I just moved to linux fulltime, and using this new paint program (mtPaint), and I think its color selector sucks (can't see the color change in realtime), so I just use the default color shades it provides... I will be looking into another pixelling program. Also I did fix it up a bit, and completly redone the legs a few times, and all them I didn't like. Anyhows I stopped working on it.

@goat: I like to think I know my anotomy quite well now (maybe I'm wrong), so please tell me exactly whats wrong? as I don't understand what you mean? btw, I have heaps of good anatomy references already. :-\

And ignore this guys stomach, It sucks cause I was confused about the perspective cause of the legs. :P

cya
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 03:26:12 pm by yosh64 »